Old 04-28-2012, 10:42 AM
Nils Kassube

Default update to 12-04???

Dale Trombley wrote:
> Hmmm. It was my understanding -d was for dev versions but I could be
> wrong.

Yepp. But this seems to be the only way to upgrade right now. From
<https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/foundations-p-lts-upgrades>:

| If currently running lucid, we'll not prompt them for LTS to LTS
| upgrade until the point release comes out. (12.04.1).

Nils

Old 04-28-2012, 11:39 AM
"Clay Weber"

Apt itself has no knowledge of Ubuntu new releases. The updater (whether Muon updater or Apper's ) basically tells apt what to do.

If it hasn't already been done, please check in the Software Sources that the new release notification is set correctly and that you have updated your system.

Clay Weber