-   -   -Code::Blocks C++ IDE Does NOT Work? (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/660053-code-blocks-c-ide-does-not-work.html)

Jesse Palser 04-26-2012 08:09 PM

-Code::Blocks C++ IDE Does NOT Work?

[12.04-64Bit]-Code::Blocks C++ IDE Does NOT Work?

Hi,

Running current Kubuntu 12.04 LTS 64Bit.
I installed Code::Blocks C++ IDE via Software Manager.

When I run Code::Blocks from menu
I see dialog for default compiler and select it
and then Code::Blocks C++ IDE dies???

Anyone know how to fix this?
(I am a cross-platform game designer)

Thanks!

Jesse

"Marcelo Magno T. Sales" 04-27-2012 12:44 PM

-Code::Blocks C++ IDE Does NOT Work?

> [12.04-64Bit]-Code::Blocks C++ IDE Does NOT Work?
>
> Hi,
>
> Running current Kubuntu 12.04 LTS 64Bit.
> I installed Code::Blocks C++ IDE via Software Manager.
>
> When I run Code::Blocks from menu
> I see dialog for default compiler and select it
> and then Code::Blocks C++ IDE dies???
>
> Anyone know how to fix this?
> (I am a cross-platform game designer)
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jesse

Unfortunately, I can't help with the Code::Blocks issue. However, did
you consider using Qt Creator for cross-plataform development? Even if
you do not want to use the Qt Library (which, by the way, is a great,
great library for cross-plataform development), you can use the Qt
Creator IDE to write, build and debug software using plain C++ or C++
coupled with any other library you wish. The Qt Creator IDE is great.
Take a look:
http://qt.nokia.com/downloads

If you have not created much code using other libraries yet, I would
advise you to take a look into the Qt Library as well.

[]'s
Marcelo