Old 04-26-2012, 10:38 AM
Loïc Grobol

Default kubuntu-devel-release-upgrade still buggy

I have already posted about this a while ago, but I saw no further
reactions, so I'll try again. Here the result of
kubuntu-devel-release-upgrade

~$ kubuntu-devel-release-upgrade
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/do-release-upgrade", line 77, in <module>
print _("Checking for a new ubuntu release")
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'xe9' in
position 1: ordinal not in range(128)

after some fumbling, it seems that the issue is with the function _(),
that seems to handle encoding, the issue doesn't happen with
do-release-upgrade alone. As is, I don't know how to upgrade to
Precise.
--
Loïc Grobol.

M1 Mathématiques AMA. Faculté des sciences, Orléans La Source.
M1 Linguistique LAASTIC. Faculté de lettres, langues et sciences
humaines, Orléans La Source.