Old 04-26-2012, 09:15 AM
Alvin

Default plain text in Thunderbird

On Thursday 26 April 2012 10:55:27 Errol Sapir wrote:
> Hi Alvin
> Sorry for the top posting. As for the HTML I can't understand what's going
> on. I get the message as I sent it, without the HTML settings. Errol

I'll start a new thread for this, as it's essentially another question.

I see you're using Thunderbird. There are several settings:
- Tools > Account Settings > /your-account/ > Composition & Addressing
Uncheck 'Compose messages in HTML format'.
- Tools > Options > Composition > General > Send Options
Text Format: Convert the message to plain text
Plain Text Domains: Add 'ubuntu.com'

When using plain text (as you should always do - HTML should be the exception
here) using a fixed with font will make it easy to create small tables without
resorting to HTML. (In KMail: View > Use fixed font <X>)

Thunderbird & KMail can also view *bold*, /italic/ and _underline_ in plain
text[1].

While checking your mail client, I see that you have to check your mail server
too. It's listed in a few blacklists.

[1] http://kb.mozillazine.org/Mail_content_types#Enhanced_plain_text_features

Old 04-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Errol Sapir

[...]

Alin, thanks for your explanation. I have changed the settings and hope
things are now sent in plain text.
My settings were under the edit> title and not tools. Maybe because my
Thunderbird is 11.0.1?

As for the checking of mail server, that is a must with my provider.