Old 04-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Valter Mura

Default A note on Kubuntu 8.04 beta version (KDE4)

Hi All,

I downloaded the ISO of Kubuntu 8.04 KDE4 beta version to try it, and I burned
it on cd.
On cd boot, the loading is correct but if I navigate between directories (for
eg., I go to Home throught Dolphin and I try to open a folder such as
Documents or a file), the system freezes completely and I have to unplug the
comp to shut it down (it remembers me the good Windows BSD)!

My System: PIV 2.8 Ghz, 768 Mhz RAM, Hard disk Linux dedicated, Graphic Card
ATI RAdeon 9200 SE 128 MB (quite old, no?)

Valter
Gnupgp ID: 0xD7274715 in hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com
Kubuntu Linux: www.ubuntu.com
Usa OpenOffice.org: www.openoffice.org
"Coltiva Linux, tanto Windows si pianta da solo"

Old 04-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Bruce Marshall

On Monday 07 April 2008, Valter Mura wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I downloaded the ISO of Kubuntu 8.04 KDE4 beta version to try it, and I
> burned it on cd.
> On cd boot, the loading is correct but if I navigate between directories
> (for eg., I go to Home throught Dolphin and I try to open a folder such as
> Documents or a file), the system freezes completely and I have to unplug
> the comp to shut it down (it remembers me the good Windows BSD)!
>
> My System: PIV 2.8 Ghz, 768 Mhz RAM, Hard disk Linux dedicated, Graphic
> Card ATI RAdeon 9200 SE 128 MB (quite old, no?)

Pretty much the same hardware here but 8.04 is running just fine.

However, I don't use Dolphin...... maybe that is the problem.