Old 04-16-2012, 10:14 AM
Bas Roufs - message in English

Default Kontact in Kubuntu 11.10: how to import a local calendar into the Akonadi Googledata calendar?

Hello Everybody,

*

At present, I am working with KDE 4.8.2. along with Kubuntu 11.10.

I do manage now to sync with the google calendar and address book via Akonadi Googledata. However, I still do not manage to import a local calendar into the one of Google - in spite of several months of research at the internet and at a few forums.

*

Below, I summarise what I have been doing so far in this context.

*

Of course, I make backups of my ical files all the time.

*

In K-Menu > System, I have changed settings in "personal information": especially in the akonadi configuration module. There, I have added the birthday and the google calendar resource. Aditionally, I have removed there all the other resources, including the one of the "personal calendar" - however, without deleting it's ical file. Then, I tried to import that file into the Akonadi Googledata calendar via Dolphin, via Konqueror and directly via Kontact > Calendar > File > Import > Import calendar. So far, none of those methods have been effective!

*

When importing an .ics file directly into Google, only the events get through: not the tasks.

*

*

Be so kind to provide me with your suggestions and thoughts. Thanks, respectfully yours,

Bas Roufs.

*

.
--

Bas G. Roufs MA

Van 't Hoffstraat 1

NL-3514 VT Utrecht

The Netherlands

E. BasRoufs@gmail.com

Mob. +31 6 446 835 10

Tel. +31 30 785 40

Websites in construction:

BasRoufs.eu
Viaconsensus.nl
RainbowGathering.eu
Open source OS: Linux Kubuntu 11.10.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:21 PM
Clay Weber

On Wednesday, April 18, 2012 02:56:46 PM Bas Roufs - Nederlandstalige
boodschap wrote:

> Hello Everybody,
>
> At present, I am working with KDE 4.8.2. along with Kubuntu 11.10.
> I do manage now to sync with the google calendar and address book via
Akonadi Googledata. However, I still do not manage to import a local calendar
into the one of Google - in spite of several months of research at the
internet and at a few forums.

> Below, I summarise what I have been doing so far in this context.
>
> Of course, I make backups of my ical files all the time.
>
> In K-Menu > System, I have changed settings in "personal information":
especially in the akonadi configuration module. There, I have added the
birthday and the google calendar resource. Aditionally, I have removed there
all the other resources, including the one of the "personal calendar" -
however, without deleting it's ical file. Then, I tried to import that file into
the Akonadi Googledata calendar via Dolphin, via Konqueror and directly via
Kontact > Calendar > File > Import > Import calendar. So far, none of those
methods have been effective!

> When importing an .ics file directly into Google, only the events get
through: not the tasks.

> Be so kind to provide me with your suggestions and thoughts. Thanks,
respectfully yours,
> Bas Roufs.
>
> .
> --
> Bas G. Roufs MA
> Van 't Hoffstraat 1
> NL-3514 VT Utrecht
> The Netherlands
> E. BasRoufs@gmail.com
> Mob. +31 6 446 835 10
> Tel. +31 30 785 40
> Websites in construction:
> BasRoufs.eu
> Viaconsensus.nl
> RainbowGathering.eu
> Open source OS: Linux Kubuntu 11.10.

The existing akonadi-googledata is fairly busted and unamintained.
A new akonadi resource has recently been released
http://www.progdan.cz/category/akonadi-google/
It is not yet in Precise, but there is a testing package here:
https://launchpad.net/~acelankao/+archive/kde
as well as in other ppa repos

You don't have to remove any existing google resources, and once installed you
add a new resource called "Google Calendar and Tasks"

One small caveat I have found is that it will error if you try to use the
parent "<username>@gmail.com" instead of a sub-category when selecting a
calnedar to use when creating a new entry. Other wise, it is syncing my
testing events and to-do items well.

--
Clay Weber
http://kubuntuforums.net

Old 04-18-2012, 08:13 PM
Clay Weber

On Wednesday, April 18, 2012 02:21:20 PM Clay Weber wrote:

> The existing akonadi-googledata is fairly busted and unamintained.
> A new akonadi resource has recently been released
> http://www.progdan.cz/category/akonadi-google/
> It is not yet in Precise, but there is a testing package here:
> https://launchpad.net/~acelankao/+archive/kde
> as well as in other ppa repos
>
> You don't have to remove any existing google resources, and once installed
> you add a new resource called "Google Calendar and Tasks"
>
> One small caveat I have found is that it will error if you try to use the
> parent "<username>@gmail.com" instead of a sub-category when selecting a
> calnedar to use when creating a new entry. Other wise, it is syncing my
> testing events and to-do items well.
Oops, I forgot to clarify that there is an Oneiric 11.10 package there as
well.

--
clay

Old 04-18-2012, 08:19 PM
Bas Roufs

Thanks for your feedback so far.

The existing akonadi-googledata is fairly busted and unamintained.

A new akonadi resource has recently been released

http://www.progdan.cz/category/akonadi-google/

It is not yet in Precise, but there is a testing package here:

https://launchpad.net/~acelankao/+archive/kde

as well as in other ppa repos

In the mean time, I did manage to install this new resource via the PPA indicated above.

*

You don't have to remove any existing google resources,
Now I have two Akonadi calendar resources running next to one another - the old one and the new one. They do not merge. But when I check/ activate the new one, nothing happens so far. What best to do?

*and once installed you

add a new resource called "Google Calendar and Tasks"

I have done so.

One small caveat I have found is that it will error if you try to use the

parent "<username>@gmail.com" instead of a sub-category when selecting a

calnedar to use when creating a new entry.
*How can I make sure to use such a "sub-category"?
Other wise, it is syncing my

testing events and to-do items *well.

Events still show up via the old Google calendar resource as well as via some local calendar.
The whole to-do list is at the local calendar.
I still do not manage to import that local calendar into the google one.

In the mean time, Clay, I see a new message from you coming in. I take a look at it now.
Respectfully yours,
Bas Roufs.

*

--

Clay Weber

http://kubuntuforums.net

http://ubuntumaine.org

http://emacdogsports.com

====================

Bas G. Roufs MA

Van 't Hoffstraat 1

NL-3514 VT Utrecht

The Netherlands

E. BasRoufs@gmail.com

Mob. +31 6 446 835 10

Tel. +31 30 785 40

Open source OS: Kubuntu 11.10.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:20 PM
Bas Roufs

Oops, I forgot to clarify that there is an Oneiric 11.10 package there as

well.

I already found and installed that one.
Bas.--

====================

Old 04-18-2012, 11:02 PM
Lindsay Mathieson

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 02:21:20 PM Clay Weber wrote:
> One small caveat I have found is that it will error if you try to use the
> parent "<username>@gmail.com" instead of a sub-category when selecting a
> calnedar to use when creating a new entry. Other wise, it is syncing my
> testing events and to-do items well.

Thanks Clay, I think I might have been doing that. Will test furthur.
--
Lindsay