Old 04-15-2012, 09:04 PM
Bas Roufs - message in English

Default Kontact in Kubuntu 11.10: how to import a local calendar into Akonadi Googledata?

Hello Everybody,

*

At present, I am working with KDE 4.8.2. along with Kubuntu 11.10.

I do manage now to sync with the google calendar and address book via Akonadi Googledata. However, I still do not manage to import a local calendar into the one of Google - in spite of several months of research at the internet and at a few forums.

*

Below, I summarise what I have been doing so far in this context.

*

Of course, I make backups of my ical files all the time.

*

In K-Menu > System, I have changed settings in "personal information": especially in the akonadi configuration module. There, I have added the birthday and the google calendar resource. Aditionally, I have removed there all the other resources, including the one of the "personal calendar" - however, without deleting it's ical file. Then, I tried to import that file into the Akonadi Googledata calendar via Dolphin, via Konqueror and directly via Kontact > Calendar > File > Import > Import calendar. So far, none of those methods have been effective! When importing an .ics file directly into Google, only the events get through: not the tasks.

*

*

Be so kind to provide me with your suggestions and thoughts. Thanks, respectfully yours,

Bas Roufs.

*

.
--