Old 04-15-2012, 07:21 AM
Bill Vance

Default Upgrade Trail

Howdy;

I'm using 10.04 at the moment. Which of the newer distro's
is the long term support one?

Using apt-get/synaptic/et al, is there a direct path there,
or do I have to go through each intervening one to get to
the wanted distro?

Thanks in advance.

Bill

Old 04-15-2012, 07:26 AM
Leslie Anne Chatterton

The next long term support version is 12.04, coming out in a few weeks. I'm pretty sure you can't upgrade directly from 10.04. If you have a separate home directory you can do a clean install without losing any data, but you will need to reinstall all applications.

Sent from my XOOM Android Tablet