Old 04-11-2012, 03:19 PM
"D. R. Evans"

Default oneiric: progress status during boot-time fsck?

I've googled, and not found anything that works, so it's time to ask here:

How do I get the old detailed fsck progress messages that one normally sees
on most Linux distros, and we used to see on *buntu?

All I see here is a graphical screen that gives me the option to hit "C" to
cancel the fsck, but with no indication whatsoever of the fsck progress.
Hitting ESC sends me to a text-based screen that merely tells me that an
fsck is in progress, without giving any details.

(At least the text-based screen tells me *which* drive is being checked,
which is more than can be said for the graphical screen, which seems to be
utterly useless as far as I can see. The graphical screen doesn't even
suggest hitting ESC as a possibility. Sorry, I'm on the verge of a rant.
Back to topic: how do I get the old detailed messages?)

Doc

--
Web: http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR