Old 04-11-2012, 02:11 PM
Paul Stear

Default convert dvd for smartphone.

Hi,
How do you convert a copy protected DVD so that iy can be watched on a
smartphone?

thanks
Paul

Old 04-11-2012, 02:20 PM
Swapnil Bhartiya

On 04/11/2012 04:11 PM, Paul Stear wrote:

Hi,
How do you convert a copy protected DVD so that iy can be watched on a
smartphone?

Use DVD rip program (search USC) and rip the content and then use Arista
to transcode for your smartphone.

Arnie

Old 04-11-2012, 02:35 PM
uteck

Handbreak will do the ripping and encoding and has presets for
portable devices. It is only a few clicks to get working.

/legal disclaimer
The program is not legal in some countries that do not allow you to
rip a DVD. Use at your own risk.

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 9:20 AM, Swapnil Bhartiya
<swapnil.bhartiya@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/11/2012 04:11 PM, Paul Stear wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> How do you convert a copy protected DVD so that iy can be watched on a
>> smartphone?
>

> Use DVD rip program (search USC) and rip the content and then use Arista to
> transcode for your smartphone.
>
> Arnie

no .sig found
Please restart your browser.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:06 PM
"Marcelo Magno T. Sales"

Em quarta-feira 11 abril 2012, Paul Stear escreveu:
> Hi,
> How do you convert a copy protected DVD so that iy can be watched on
> a smartphone?
>
> thanks
> Paul

Handbrake is great for that. It comes with some preset profiles for
several devices and you can create new profiles from scratch, specifying
all parameters by yourself, or copying one of those that come with it
and modifying them as needed.
It allows you to create mp4 files with several audio tracks and
subtitles (although not always will be easy so find softwares for mobile
devices that allow you to choose audio tracks or subtitles) or you can
just burn the subtitles in the video, if you need them.
Very easy to use.

[]'s
Marcelo

Old 04-12-2012, 09:28 AM
Paul Stear

On Wednesday 11 Apr 2012 17:06:28 Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> Em quarta-feira 11 abril 2012, Paul Stear escreveu:
> > Hi,
> > How do you convert a copy protected DVD so that iy can be watched on
> > a smartphone?
> >
> > thanks
> > Paul
>
> Handbrake is great for that. It comes with some preset profiles for
> several devices and you can create new profiles from scratch, specifying
> all parameters by yourself, or copying one of those that come with it
> and modifying them as needed.
> It allows you to create mp4 files with several audio tracks and
> subtitles (although not always will be easy so find softwares for mobile
> devices that allow you to choose audio tracks or subtitles) or you can
> just burn the subtitles in the video, if you need them.
> Very easy to use.

Thanks for the info. Where do I get it from and how do I install it?

Old 04-12-2012, 09:43 AM
Paul Stear

On Wednesday 11 Apr 2012 17:06:28 Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> Em quarta-feira 11 abril 2012, Paul Stear escreveu:
> > Hi,
> > How do you convert a copy protected DVD so that iy can be watched on
> > a smartphone?
> >
> > thanks
> > Paul
>
> Handbrake is great for that. It comes with some preset profiles for
> several devices and you can create new profiles from scratch, specifying
> all parameters by yourself, or copying one of those that come with it
> and modifying them as needed.
> It allows you to create mp4 files with several audio tracks and
> subtitles (although not always will be easy so find softwares for mobile
> devices that allow you to choose audio tracks or subtitles) or you can
> just burn the subtitles in the video, if you need them.
> Very easy to use.
I have added sudo add-apt-repository ppa:stebbins/handbrake-releases and then
did ---
sudo apt-get install handbrake
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package handbrake is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source

E: Package 'handbrake' has no installation candidate

Any ideas?
Paul

Old 04-12-2012, 09:49 AM
"Marcelo Magno T. Sales"

Em quinta-feira 12 abril 2012, Paul Stear escreveu:
> On Wednesday 11 Apr 2012 17:06:28 Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> > Em quarta-feira 11 abril 2012, Paul Stear escreveu:
> > > Hi,
> > > How do you convert a copy protected DVD so that iy can be watched
> > > on a smartphone?
> > >
> > > thanks
> > > Paul
> >
> > Handbrake is great for that. It comes with some preset profiles for
> > several devices and you can create new profiles from scratch,
> > specifying all parameters by yourself, or copying one of those
> > that come with it and modifying them as needed.
> > It allows you to create mp4 files with several audio tracks and
> > subtitles (although not always will be easy so find softwares for
> > mobile devices that allow you to choose audio tracks or subtitles)
> > or you can just burn the subtitles in the video, if you need them.
> > Very easy to use.
>
> Thanks for the info. Where do I get it from and how do I install it?

http://handbrake.fr/

[]'s
Marcelo

Old 04-12-2012, 10:09 AM
"Marcelo Magno T. Sales"

Em quinta-feira 12 abril 2012, Paul Stear escreveu:
> On Wednesday 11 Apr 2012 17:06:28 Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> > Em quarta-feira 11 abril 2012, Paul Stear escreveu:
> > > Hi,
> > > How do you convert a copy protected DVD so that iy can be watched
> > > on a smartphone?
> > >
> > > thanks
> > > Paul
> >
> > Handbrake is great for that. It comes with some preset profiles for
> > several devices and you can create new profiles from scratch,
> > specifying all parameters by yourself, or copying one of those
> > that come with it and modifying them as needed.
> > It allows you to create mp4 files with several audio tracks and
> > subtitles (although not always will be easy so find softwares for
> > mobile devices that allow you to choose audio tracks or subtitles)
> > or you can just burn the subtitles in the video, if you need them.
> > Very easy to use.
>
> I have added sudo add-apt-repository ppa:stebbins/handbrake-releases
> and then did ---
> sudo apt-get install handbrake
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Package handbrake is not available, but is referred to by another
> package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been
> obsoleted, or is only available from another source
>
> E: Package 'handbrake' has no installation candidate
>
> Any ideas?
> Paul

I think that the package name is handbrake-gtk. Try using:
dpkg-query -l handbrake*
to confirm this.

[]'s
Marcelo

Old 04-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Carlo Vanini

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 12:09 PM, Marcelo Magno T. Sales
<mmtsales@gmail.com> wrote:
> Em quinta-feira 12 abril 2012, Paul Stear escreveu:

>> > Handbrake is great for that. It comes with some preset profiles for
>> > several devices and you can create new profiles from scratch,
>> > specifying all parameters by yourself, or copying one of those
>> > that come with it and modifying them as needed.
>> > It allows you to create mp4 files with several audio tracks and
>> > subtitles (although not always will be easy so find softwares for
>> > mobile devices that allow you to choose audio tracks or subtitles)
>> > or you can just burn the subtitles in the video, if you need them.
>> > Very easy to use.
>>
>> I have added sudo add-apt-repository ppa:stebbins/handbrake-releases
>> and then did ---
>> sudo apt-get install handbrake
>> Reading package lists... Done
>> Building dependency tree
>> Reading state information... Done
>> Package handbrake is not available, but is referred to by another
>> package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been
>> obsoleted, or is only available from another source
>>
>> E: Package 'handbrake' has no installation candidate
>>
>> Any ideas?
>> Paul
>
> I think that the package name is handbrake-gtk. Try using:
> dpkg-query -l handbrake*
> to confirm this.
>
> []'s
> Marcelo