-   -   Discover a Special Gift Sent to your Doorstep (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/654141-discover-special-gift-sent-your-doorstep.html)

Special Gift 04-09-2012 12:48 PM

Discover a Special Gift Sent to your Doorstep

Title: SKeNNQmXxz5YrF

If u don't view pictures,
click for images

horseback seeking a strayed heifer, she begged him to come to her
assistance, and endeavor to remove the wounded man to a more secure
asylum.

Angelica, having prepared the plants by bruising them between two
stones, laid them with her fair hand on Medoro's wound. The remedy soon
restored in some degree the strength of the wounded man, who, before he
would quit the spot, made them cover with earth and turf the bodies of
his friend and of the prince. Then surrendering himself to the pity of
his deliverers, he allowed them to place him on the horse of the
shepherd, and conduct him to his cottage. It was a pleasant farmhouse
on the borders of the wood, bearing marks of comfort and competency.
There the shepherd lived with his wife and children. There Angelica
tended Medoro, and there, by the devoted care of the beautiful queen,
his sad wound closed over, and he recovered his perfect health.
"Sailing with a fair wind, after some hours we were assailed by a
violent tempest. It was to no purpose that we took in all sail; we were
driven before the wind directly upon the rocky shore. Seeing no other
hopes of safety, Oderic placed me in a boat, followed himself with a
few of his men, and made for land. We reached it through infinite
peril, and I no sooner felt the firm land beneath my feet, than I knelt
down and poured out heartfelt thanks to the Providence that had
preserved me.

"The shore where we landed appeared to be uninhabited. We saw no
dwelling to shelter us, no road to lead us to a more hospitable spot. A
high mountain rose before us, whose base stretched into the sea. It was
here the infamous Oderic, in spite of my tears and entreaties, sold me
to a band of pirates, who fancied I might be an acceptable present to
their prince, the Sultan of Morocco. This cavern is their den, and here
out of all the bridles he found in the stable, to select one suitable,
and, placing Rabican's saddle on the Hippogriff's back, nothing seemed
to prevent his immediate departure. Yet before he went he bethought him
of placing Rabican in hands where he would be safe, and whence he might
recover him in time of need. While he stood deliberating where he
should find a messenger, he saw Bradamante approach. That fair warrior
had been parted from Rogero on their way to the abbey of Vallombrosa,
by an inopportune adventure which had called the knight away. She was
now returning to Montalban, having arranged with Rogero to join her
there. To Bradamante, therefore, his fair cousin, Astolpho committed
Rabican, and also the lance of gold, which would only be an incumbrance
in his aerial excursion. Bradamante took charge of both; and Astolpho,
bidding her farewell, soared in air.

Among those delivered by Astolpho from the magician's castle was
they keep me under the guard of this woman, until it shall suit their
convenience to carry me away."

Isabella had hardly finished her recital when a troop of armed men
began to enter the cavern. Seeing the prince Orlando, one said to the
rest, "What bird is this we have caught, without even setting a snare
for him?" Then addressing Orlando, "It was truly civil in you, friend,
to come hither with that handsome coat of armor and vest, the very
things I want." "You shall pay for them, then," said Orlando; and
seizing a half-burnt brand from the fire, he hurled it at him, striking
his head, and stretching him lifeless on the floor.

There was a massy table in the middle of the cavern, used for the
pirates' repasts. Orlando lifted it and hurled it at the robbers as
they stood clustered in a group toward the entrance. Half the gang were
The knights and ladies set at liberty were, besides Rogero and
Bradamante, Orlando, Gradasso, Florismart, and many more. At the sound
of the horn they fled, one and all, men and steeds, except Rabican,
which Astolpho secured, in spite of his terror. As soon as the sound
had ceased Rogero recognized Bradamante, whom he had daily met during
their imprisonment, but had been prevented from knowing by the
enchanter's arts. No words can tell the delight with which they
recognized each other, and recounted mutually all that had happened to
each since they were parted. Rogero took advantage of the opportunity
to press his suit, and found Bradamante as propitious as he could wish,
were it not for a single obstacle, the difference of their faiths. "If
he would obtain her in marriage," she said, "he must in due form demand
her of her father, Duke Aymon, and must abandon his false prophet, and
become a Christian." The latter step was one which Rogero had for some
time intended taking, for reasons of his own. He therefore gladly