Old 04-09-2012, 12:35 AM
Dennis Linux

Default Resolution stays at 800x600 in Kubuntu

Why can Kubuntu only see 800x600 while Windows saw higher resolutions?
It looks that you have to be a computer programmer to change the resolution.
Itś defently no great future from Linux that its so diffucult to change a resolution!
I think that i trow Kubutu away if its so difficult to change a simple resolution from a videocard.
If someone have tips that stood not on google that please tell me how i can better resolotions than the stupid 800x600.

Dennis

Old 04-09-2012, 01:19 AM
Lindsay Mathieson

On Mon, 9 Apr 2012 02:35:46 AM Dennis Linux wrote:
> simple resolution from a videocard. If someone have tips that stood not on
> google that please tell me how i can better resolotions than the stupid
> 800x600.

What's brand and model is your video card. Or if its built into your mother
board what brand/model is that

--
Lindsay

Old 04-09-2012, 01:30 AM
"Steve Cookson"

Hi
Dennis,
*
I have
K10.04 seeing a 21" 1920x1080 screen and several other (lesser)
resolutions.* You shouldn't have to do anything, it should just detect it,
but there is screen resolution setting programme under system setup (I think
it's called that, I don't have my PC set to English at*the
moment).
*
If you
don't have the right driver or patches, it may not work.
*
I had
a new Gigabyte motherboard with K10.04 LTS and because the hardware was newer
than the operating system it didn't detect all the settings.
*
If
that is your problem, then upgrade your Kubuntu to 11.04 or 11.10 and it should
detect everything.
*
Good
luck.
*
Regards
*
Steve

Old 04-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Dale Trombley

If its nvidia type this in konsole

kdesudo nvidia-settings

If not nvidia disregard

On Apr 8, 2012 9:31 PM, "Steve Cookson" <it@sca-uk.com> wrote:

Hi
Dennis,
*

Old 04-11-2012, 10:08 PM
Dennis Linux

Hello Buzzmabndt,
*
It's a*Asus*Ati Radeon 9250 AGP.
The support from the Linux distos is very sad, that's why many Windows*users doesn't take the step to the better*OS!
I try 1 thing more.....
*
Dennis
*

Old 04-12-2012, 06:42 AM
Thomas Tanghus Olsen

On Monday 09 April 2012 02:35 Dennis Linux wrote:
> Why can Kubuntu only see 800x600 while Windows saw higher resolutions?
> It looks that you have to be a computer programmer to change the resolution.
> Itś defently no great future from Linux that its so diffucult to change a
> resolution! I think that i trow Kubutu away if its so difficult to change a
> simple resolution from a videocard. If someone have tips that stood not on
> google that please tell me how i can better resolotions than the stupid
> 800x600.
>
> Dennis

Not that I think I can help, but I see no one asking some basic questions,
which might be helpful:

- Which Kubuntu version are you using?
- Which KDE version are you using?
- How do you try to change the resolution? System Settings/Hardware/Display
and Monitor/Size and Orientation? What does it say there?
- Do you use the open source radeon driver or the proprietary?
- What does /var/log/Xorg.0.log say? (in pastebin please, not in mail). I use
the open source radeon driver and it says it supports among other chipsets:
"ATI Radeon 9250 5960 (AGP)".

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus Olsen