Old 04-08-2012, 11:47 PM
"Steve Cookson"

Default Remote desktop.

Hi Guys,

Is there a remote desktop
facility that works under Kubuntu?

Regards

Steve

*

Old 04-09-2012, 12:04 AM
Clay Weber

On Sunday, April 08, 2012 08:47:37 PM Steve Cookson wrote:

> Hi Guys,
> Is there a remote desktop facility that works under Kubuntu?
> Regards
>
> Steve

While the various tools like krdc, vnc, etc all do work in linux, the ease-of-
use/setup-and-configure factor is generally extremely lacking. So I usually
suggest Teamviewer, a closed-source prgram that is works across platforms, and
is fairly easy to run and set up. There is even an android viewer app.

--
Clay Weber
http://kubuntuforums.net

Old 04-09-2012, 06:39 AM
"O. Sinclair"

Is there a remote desktop facility that works under Kubuntu?
Regards

Steve

While the various tools like krdc, vnc, etc all do work in linux, the ease-of-
use/setup-and-configure factor is generally extremely lacking. So I usually
suggest Teamviewer, a closed-source prgram that is works across platforms, and
is fairly easy to run and set up. There is even an android viewer app.

--
Clay Weber
http://kubuntuforums.net
http://ubuntumaine.org

I agree - I use krdc for servers/computers on the same LAN but for
anything "remote" Teamviewer is the easiest and best I have found. And
it is free for personal use so you can help your family and friends
without paying money for license.

Best,
Sinclair

Old 04-09-2012, 12:57 PM
"Steve Cookson"

> I agree - I use krdc for servers/computers on the same LAN but for
> anything "remote" Teamviewer is the easiest and best I have found.

Thanks for this advice, people.

Do I need to have Teamviewer, krdc, vnc or whatever on each supported
computer?

Regards

Steve

Old 04-10-2012, 08:02 AM
Arnaud bourree

For each solution there are server and client part: server part for
one who share desktop and client for who connect to

Arnaud.