Old 04-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Lindsay Mathieson

Default NetBeans LooknFeel

Any suggestions as to how to get netbeans to look half way decent in Kubuntu
12.04? the best I have so far is:

netbeans --laf com.sun.java.swing.plaf.gtk.GTKLookAndFeel -J-
Dswing.aatext=true -J-Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=on

And it still looks terrible - I think anti aliasing is still turned off

--
Lindsay

Old 06-20-2012, 03:13 PM
Andrew d~_*b

On Fri 06 Apr 2012 9:52:29 PM Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> Any suggestions as to how to get netbeans to look half way decent in Kubuntu
> 12.04? the best I have so far is:
>
> netbeans --laf com.sun.java.swing.plaf.gtk.GTKLookAndFeel -J-
> Dswing.aatext=true -J-Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=on
>
> And it still looks terrible - I think anti aliasing is still turned off

I know its a very late reply but FWIW ...

I use the Nimbus L&F netbeans --laf Nimbus
and have text Anti Aliasing switched on System wide (System Settings > Application Appearance > Fonts)
and It appears good.

IMHO both the Nimbus & Metal L&f is better than the GTK L&F on a KDE system and the GTK L&F looks good when used on the GNOME DE

-- &RU Chelladurai

Old 06-20-2012, 09:29 PM
Lindsay Mathieson

On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 08:43:50 PM Andrew d~_*b wrote:
> I use the Nimbus L&F netbeans --laf Nimbus
> and have text Anti Aliasing switched on System wide (System Settings >
> Application Appearance > Fonts) and It appears good.

Thanks Andrew, it does look better. However I've since switched to eclipse.
--
Lindsay--