Old 11-27-2007, 05:15 PM
Fred Schaer

Default gutsy and keyboard volume keys...

Hi,

I finally upgraded and am facing my first gutsy problem : I can't use
anymore my keyboard volume keys.
Indeed, when I do use them, I can see the volume beeing changed between
0 and 11% (in one step), but I can't get the volume higher than 11%,
which I don't understand.

First thing to notice is that the volume is not 0 or 11%, but it is
about 75% and not changing with the keys.

Whatever master channel I choose right clicking on the kmix icon, I have
this strange limit on 11% (well, actually the volume is not changed at
all, there is just the display)...

Any help would be apreciated here :]
Cheers

Old 11-28-2007, 02:18 PM

Hi,

I had the same problem a few days ago and solved it by using dcop. I
described my solution in my blog. Its in german, but I think there's
enough info to get it like you want. Look here:

http://www.bheil.net/software/multimedia-tasten-unter-kde-zum-laufen-bringen/

Short description:

* Check with "xev" whether the keys are working
(http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Use_Multimedia_Keys)

* Check on the command line with

dcop kmix Mixer0 increaseVolume 2

whether you're able to increase the volume manually. (Perhaps you must
change the "2", this is the number of the primary channel)

* Set this as a new shortcut for your multimedia key in kcontrol (e.g. this
way: http://downloads.bheil.net/images/dcop_kmix_big.png)

Cheers

* * Benjamin

Old 11-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Fred Schaer

Thanks, I'll try this...
It looks like the bug is already known, I guess a fix will be released
later :
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdeutils/+bug/154492

Cheers