Old 04-04-2008, 11:59 PM
Jay Chandler

Default RAID on install?

Howdy. Downloaded the latest beta of Kubuntu[1], trying to figure out
where on the alt boot CD the RAID options are. I see LVM just fine, but
I want the whole thing to exist on a LVM partition on top of a RAID1.

I know the Fedora installer has RAID options built into the partition
manager, but I don't see somewhere to set that in Kubuntu-- am I missing
something blindingly obvious?

If so, is it possible to set up the RAID and install to it from the
liveCD? Pointers appreciated, a preliminary google didn't turn up much
of interest...

[1] Running the beta isn't my first choice, but some things (like my
SATA controller) aren't supported by the latest stable...

--
Jay Chandler / KB1JWQ
Living Legend / Systems Exorcist