Old 04-05-2008, 11:26 AM
"guido dom"

Default Hardy and xmms

See below
I should mention that I'm using Ubuntu 8.04

2008/4/5, Myriam Schweingruber <schweingruber@pharma-traduction.ch>:
On 05/04/2008, guido dom <guido.dom@gmail.com> wrote:
> It is - as far as I'm able to do it - impossible to make streamtuner
> understand that another player should be used

Well, so let's do it step by step:

0) Start Streamtuner** I did remove it and reinstalled it with synaptic (I even installed the kde4 desktop)
1) Go to the "Edit" menu and then click on the "Preferences" option

2) in the "Applications" menu, go to the right side and left click on
"xmms %q" to select it** it gives xmms %q
3) replace "xmms %q" with "amarok %q" everywhere there is an xmms* i did replace it with amorok

occurence, i.e. for "Listen to a .m3u file" and "Listen to a stream"
4) close the Preference window and select a stream* <when i reopen the menu my changes are gone and the default values are there again

5) it will open Amarok as the default player and you can listen to the
music you selected

If this does not work for you, I suggest you reinstall either
Streamtuner and/or Amarok, but I just did the above in my Kubuntu 8.04

and see no problem so far, it plays the stream with Amarok.

Greets

Myriam
--
Protect your freedom, join the Fellowship of FSFE!
http://www.fsfe.org

Tel:+32 (0)58 239804**+32 (0)497 538736

Nog een mooie dag toegewenst.

Guido (dompie) Dom
Registered Linux (Ubuntu) User # 462578

Old 04-05-2008, 11:43 AM
Scott

guido dom wrote:
> See below
> I should mention that I'm using Ubuntu 8.04
I have Streamtuner using Amarok fine in Kubuntu 7.10.

--
Your friend,
Scott

Sent to you from a Linux computer using Kubuntu Version 7.10

Old 04-05-2008, 03:34 PM
John L Fjellstad

"Michael Sutter" <Sutter@gmx.li> writes:

> I have upgraded from gutsy to hardy. Now I'm missing xmms player. Does
> anybody know how to solve this problem as I like to use this player.

Seems like xmms is a dead project. Looking around, it seems there are a
couple of replacements:
xmms2
audacious

audacious seems to be the most spiritual successor to xmms

--
John L. Fjellstad
web: http://www.fjellstad.org/ Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Old 04-05-2008, 10:58 PM
"D. Michael McIntyre"

On Saturday 05 April 2008, guido dom wrote:

> See below
> I should mention that I'm using Ubuntu 8.04

Not relevant. Follow his instructions. I don't even know what Streamtuner
is, and I have it playing internet radio stuff (apparently?) with Amarok.

One box:

Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release: 8.04
Codename: hardy

The other box:

Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release: 7.10
Codename: gutsy

Makes no difference. Getting Streamtuner to use Amarok instead of XMMS is
ridiculously easy. Please read his instructions again.

--
D. Michael McIntyre

Old 04-06-2008, 06:23 AM
"guido dom"

Indee, thanks
I should have known that Amarok is not amarok

It works now

Old 04-09-2008, 03:28 PM
Joel Oliver

Scott wrote:
> guido dom wrote:
>
>> See below
>> I should mention that I'm using Ubuntu 8.04
>>
> I have Streamtuner using Amarok fine in Kubuntu 7.10.

How about going to the command line and

sudo ln -s /usr/bin/amarok /usr/bin/xmms

Ugly hack.... but it should work...