Old 03-01-2012, 10:49 PM
Jesse Palser

Default -VirtualBox Install-No Internet Connection?

[12.04-Beta1]-VirtualBox Install-No Internet Connection?

Hi,

Trying to install kubuntu 12.04 64Bit Beta 1 into current VirtualBox.

The installer says there is no connection to the Internet?
What do I do to solve this problem?

Thanks!
Jesse

Old 03-01-2012, 11:08 PM
Leslie Anne Chatterton

Hi Jesse,

I find under settings for each new VirtualBox installation there are 4
different network adapters listed and under each one several "Attached
to" options. By trial and error I found the one that worked for me
(Bridged Adapter). My first choice was NAT, (and I'm sure it was the
right one in the past!) but it gave a IP in the 10.X.X.X network,
which wasn't what I needed. Bridged gave a 192.168.0.X address which
worked with the rest of my network and Internet.