Old 03-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Henny de Graaf

Default Shut down does´t work Ubuntu 11.10

Hello,

My Ubuntu 11.10 doesn´t shut down, the screen comes back with the log in screen.
I searched with the internet and mayby there´s a problem with ACPI?
This is a bug or not?
Please help, because it´s important to shut down normaly.

Kind regards,

Dennis and Harm

Old 03-02-2012, 07:12 AM
Guus

My Ubuntu 11.10 doesn´t shut down, the screen comes back with
the log in screen.

I searched with the internet and mayby there´s a problem with
ACPI?

This is a bug or not?

Please help, because it´s important to shut down normaly.

Kind regards,

Dennis and Harm

Hi Dennis and Harm,

I had the same problem from Fedora, so it is definitely not limited
to Ubuntu.

Recently I switched to Kubuntu and still have this symptom. Disaster
it is not, just clumsy.

At the moment I often switch to "su -" and do a manual "shutdown -r
now" : this always works.

Guus Bonnema.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Ryan Gauger

My Ubuntu 11.10 doesn´t shut down, the screen comes back with
the log in screen.

I searched with the internet and mayby there´s a problem with
ACPI?

This is a bug or not?

Please help, because it´s important to shut down normaly.

Kind regards,

Dennis and Harm

Dennis and Harm,

This is a known bug. This has happened to me before. All you need to
do is press the power button at the top corner of the screen, and
then click "Shut Down". This will shut down Ubuntu. Again, this
happens occasionally to me. Thanks!!!

---Ryan

Old 03-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Dimitris Kardarakos

My Ubuntu 11.10 doesn´t shut down, the screen comes back with
the log in screen.

I searched with the internet and mayby there´s a problem with
ACPI?

This is a bug or not?

Please help, because it´s important to shut down normaly.

Kind regards,

Dennis and Harm

Dennis and Harm,

This is a known bug. This has happened to me before. All you need
to do is press the power button at the top corner of the screen,
and then click "Shut Down". This will shut down Ubuntu. Again,
this happens occasionally to me. Thanks!!!

---Ryan

I face this issue when amarok or clementine creates/loads its
library. I could generalize saying that the issue occurs when a
process has open files. You can check sth like this.

--
Dimitris