Old 04-03-2008, 11:11 PM
"D. R. Evans"

Default Q: copying all the kontact info from one machine to another

Luís Silva said the following at 03/31/2008 08:44 AM :
> Hi! Your address book, if you took the standard, lies in this file:
> ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf
> All your contacts are there. As a safety measure you may want to copy the
> entire ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/ folder but for your pourposes I don't think it
> is needed.

As I mentioned earlier, I copied ALL of

~/.kde/share/apps/kabc
~/.kde/share/config/kaddressbook
~/.kde/share/apps/kaddressbook_addrconfig

And I still don't see all the contacts on the laptop.

I realise that they are there (I can see them inside the files if I cat
them) but kontact doesn't show them. It just shows the ones that are in the
default addressbook. Somehow it doesn't seem to know about the other
addressbooks; it looks like that part of the configuration information must
be in a directory other than those mentioned above.

(I am now back from my trip, and have e-mail access again.)

Doc

Old 04-04-2008, 07:58 AM
Luís Silva

Ok! Just copying the files arround won't get you far. Try to find the exact
files with 'find ~/.kde -iname *.vcf' and then import those files. You may
end up with a few repeated contacts if you import the contacts file you
already use.

--
Luís A. C. Silva
lacsilva@gmail.com