Old 02-23-2012, 11:51 AM
"Bas G. Roufs "

Default Netbook with Kubuntu 11.04: how best to tame :-) an uncontrollably jumping cursor?

Hello everybody.

Ever since a few months I had troubles again with an uncontrollably jumping cursor: at my netbook Asus 1001 HA along with Kubuntu 11.04. I type quickly and blind. The cursor often suddenly jumped to another position unexpectedly, while typing.

A few minutes ago, I took a look at: SYSTEM SETTINGS > input devices > touchpad. There, I scrutinised the tabs "scrolling" and "tapping". In both tabs, I ended up in UNchecking or disabling every option I could handle in either way. Later today or tomorrow, I will tell whether this measure works effectively.

My question for now is: can someone recommend me any other measure with a view to taming :-) the jumping cursor? Any thoughts?

Thanks for replying, respectfully yours,

Bas.

--

====

Bas G. Roufs MA

Van 't Hoffstraat 1

NL-3514 VT Utrecht

+31 30 785 20 40

+31 6 446 835 10

BasRoufs@gmail.com

OS: Linux Kubuntu 11.04, kubuntu.org

Websites in construction:

* rainbowgathering.eu

* basroufs.eu

* viaconsensus.nl

Old 02-23-2012, 02:20 PM
Billie Walsh

Ever since a few months I had troubles again with an uncontrollably
jumping cursor: at my netbook Asus 1001 HA along with Kubuntu 11.04. I
type quickly and blind. The cursor often suddenly jumped to another
position unexpectedly, while typing.

A few minutes ago, I took a look at: SYSTEM SETTINGS > input devices >
touchpad. There, I scrutinised the tabs "scrolling" and "tapping". In
both tabs, I ended up in UNchecking or disabling every option I could
handle in either way. Later today or tomorrow, I will tell whether this
measure works effectively.

My question for now is: can someone recommend me any other measure with
a view to taming :-) the jumping cursor? Any thoughts?

Thanks for replying, respectfully yours,

Bas.

I use Synaptiks [ however it's spelled ] to turn off the touch pad and
use a mouse.

--
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain
the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the

- Patrick Henry -