Old 02-23-2012, 08:22 AM

Default How to store passwords for Windows Shares in Dolphin/KNetAttach?

Hi!

I have several Windows Shares I want to mount with*KNetAttach and then add it to the favorites Panel in Dolphin. Now I have to enter my username/password combination everytime I close Dolphin, which is pretty annoying. Is there a possibility to save username/pw so I don't have to type it all the time?

Thx in advance!**

Ihr WEB.DE Postfach immer dabei: die kostenlose WEB.DE Mail App für iPhone und Android.***
https://produkte.web.de/freemail_mobile_startseite/

Old 02-23-2012, 09:22 AM
Guus

I have several Windows Shares I want to mount with*KNetAttach and
then add it to the favorites Panel in Dolphin. Now I have to enter
my username/password combination everytime I close Dolphin, which
is pretty annoying. Is there a possibility to save username/pw so
I don't have to type it all the time?

Thx in advance!**

Ihr WEB.DE Postfach immer dabei: die
kostenlose WEB.DE Mail App für iPhone und Android.***

https://produkte.web.de/freemail_mobile_startseite/

Hello,

Don't know whether you can, but I would like to caution you in doing
this. A few months ago my son had his PC stolen.

This was immediately followed by misuse of all his registered
accounts (email, bank, websites).

Mails were completely deleted and bank was accessed, but happily no
transaction was done because of lack of a pass or something.

The point is that he had saved all his passwords in his browser or
in the applications he used. For that reason it was easy for the
thiefs to access his accounts.

If you now save your passwords in Linux, thiefs of your machine will
easily access your windows shares and your effort to secure will be
for naught.

Of course, it is entirely up to you. I am only cautioning you that
this might happen. Just dont blame Linux if it happens.

Guus Bonnema.