Old 02-21-2012, 08:53 PM
Jesse Palser

Default -Wine1.4rc4_PPA-"public key is not available"?

[Kubuntu11.10_64Bit]-Wine1.4rc4_PPA-"public key is not available"?

Hi,

Running current Wine version 1.4 RC #4
on Kubuntu 11.10 64Bit OS (fully updated).

I added the Wine 1.4 PPA to my "Software Sources",
but now "Update Manager" constantly complains:
"The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is
not available" ?

(Wine 1.4 RC #4 works fine)

How do I fix the above error?

Thanks!

Jesse

Old 02-21-2012, 09:08 PM
Mark Greenwood

How did you add the wine PPA? If you used software sources you will need to add the public signing key as well - this allows the software manager to check that the packages are signed (i.e. they are genuine). You can find this on the PPA page.
However, the easiest way to add a PPA is from a terminal, it does all the necessary steps for you. Just remove the one you added from software sources and then do:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
This will add the software source and the signing key in one step. Your update manager will then stop complaining.
Mark

On 21 Feb 2012, at 21:53, Jesse Palser wrote:[Kubuntu11.10_64Bit]-Wine1.4rc4_PPA-"public key is not available"?

Old 02-21-2012, 09:39 PM
Jesse Palser

[...]

Thanks, that worked!

Jesse

Old 02-22-2012, 07:18 AM
Girard Henri

Just a little precision for those who have an unknown version* :

The ppa ubuntu version is added as your actual version, for example
I used 12.04 if the ppa is not for this version it will be
complaining, then just change to a known version for example
oneiric.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:48 PM
ray burke

On 2/22/12, Mark Greenwood <fatgerman@gmail.com> wrote:

> How did you add the wine PPA? If you used software sources you will need to
> add the public signing key as well - this allows the software manager to
> check that the packages are signed (i.e. they are genuine). You can find
> this on the PPA page.
>
> However, the easiest way to add a PPA is from a terminal, it does all the
> necessary steps for you. Just remove the one you added from software sources
> and then do:
>
> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
>
> This will add the software source and the signing key in one step. Your
> update manager will then stop complaining.
>
> Mark
>

> On 21 Feb 2012, at 21:53, Jesse Palser wrote:
>
>> [Kubuntu11.10_64Bit]-Wine1.4rc4_PPA-"public key is not available"?
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Running current Wine version 1.4 RC #4
>> on Kubuntu 11.10 64Bit OS (fully updated).
>>
>> I added the Wine 1.4 PPA to my "Software Sources",
>> but now "Update Manager" constantly complains:
>> "The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is
>> not available" ?
>> (Wine 1.4 RC #4 works fine)
>>
>> How do I fix the above error?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Jesse
>>
>> --

Mark Greenwood,

I did the above what you said and open a terminal and imputed-
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
but it came back saying-

rayburke@rayburke-desktop:~$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
[sudo] password for rayburke:
Error reading https://launchpad.net/api/1.0/~ubuntu-wine/+archive/ppa:
<urlopen error [Errno 8] _ssl.c:490: EOF occurred in violation of
protocol>
rayburke@rayburke-desktop:~$

do you know what the problem would be?

ray

Old 02-22-2012, 06:52 PM
Mark Greenwood

On 22 Feb 2012, at 19:48, ray burke wrote:

> On 2/22/12, Mark Greenwood <fatgerman@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> How did you add the wine PPA? If you used software sources you will need to
>> add the public signing key as well - this allows the software manager to
>> check that the packages are signed (i.e. they are genuine). You can find
>> this on the PPA page.
>>
>> However, the easiest way to add a PPA is from a terminal, it does all the
>> necessary steps for you. Just remove the one you added from software sources
>> and then do:
>>
>> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
>>
>> This will add the software source and the signing key in one step. Your
>> update manager will then stop complaining.
>>
>> Mark
>>

>> On 21 Feb 2012, at 21:53, Jesse Palser wrote:
>>
>>> [Kubuntu11.10_64Bit]-Wine1.4rc4_PPA-"public key is not available"?
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Running current Wine version 1.4 RC #4
>>> on Kubuntu 11.10 64Bit OS (fully updated).
>>>
>>> I added the Wine 1.4 PPA to my "Software Sources",
>>> but now "Update Manager" constantly complains:
>>> "The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is
>>> not available" ?
>>> (Wine 1.4 RC #4 works fine)
>>>
>>> How do I fix the above error?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Jesse
>>>
>>> --
>>

> Mark Greenwood,
>
> I did the above what you said and open a terminal and imputed-
> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
> but it came back saying-
>
> rayburke@rayburke-desktop:~$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
> [sudo] password for rayburke:
> Error reading https://launchpad.net/api/1.0/~ubuntu-wine/+archive/ppa:
> <urlopen error [Errno 8] _ssl.c:490: EOF occurred in violation of
> protocol>
> rayburke@rayburke-desktop:~$
>
> do you know what the problem would be?

No, I don't know. Probably just a temporary problem, try again.

Mark

Old 02-22-2012, 07:13 PM
ray burke

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 6:52 AM, Mark Greenwood <fatgerman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 22 Feb 2012, at 19:48, ray burke wrote:
>
>> On 2/22/12, Mark Greenwood <fatgerman@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> How did you add the wine PPA? If you used software sources you will need to
>>> add the public signing key as well - this allows the software manager to
>>> check that the packages are signed (i.e. they are genuine). You can find
>>> this on the PPA page.
>>>
>>> However, the easiest way to add a PPA is from a terminal, it does all the
>>> necessary steps for you. Just remove the one you added from software sources
>>> and then do:
>>>
>>> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
>>>
>>> This will add the software source and the signing key in one step. Your
>>> update manager will then stop complaining.
>>>
>>> Mark

>> Mark Greenwood,
>>
>> I did the above what you said and open a terminal and imputed-
>> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
>> but it came back saying-
>>
>> rayburke@rayburke-desktop:~$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
>> [sudo] password for rayburke:
>> Error reading https://launchpad.net/api/1.0/~ubuntu-wine/+archive/ppa:
>> <urlopen error [Errno 8] _ssl.c:490: EOF occurred in violation of
>> protocol>
>> rayburke@rayburke-desktop:~$
>>
>> do you know what the problem would be?
>
> No, I don't know. Probably just a temporary problem, try again.
>
> Mark
>

>> ray
>>
>> --

Mark,

Ok here goes

ray

Old 02-22-2012, 07:18 PM
ray burke

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 7:13 AM, ray burke <rayburke30@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 6:52 AM, Mark Greenwood <fatgerman@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Mark Greenwood,
>>>
>>> I did the above what you said and open a terminal and imputed-
>>> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
>>> but it came back saying-
>>>
>>> rayburke@rayburke-desktop:~$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
>>> [sudo] password for rayburke:
>>> Error reading https://launchpad.net/api/1.0/~ubuntu-wine/+archive/ppa:
>>> <urlopen error [Errno 8] _ssl.c:490: EOF occurred in violation of
>>> protocol>
>>> rayburke@rayburke-desktop:~$
>>>
>>> do you know what the problem would be?
>>
>> No, I don't know. Probably just a temporary problem, try again.
>>
>> Mark
>>

>>> ray
>>>
>>> --
>
> Mark,
>
> Ok here goes
>
> ray

Mark Greenwood,

the same again-

Old 02-22-2012, 07:26 PM
Mark Greenwood

On 22 Feb 2012, at 20:18, ray burke wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 7:13 AM, ray burke <rayburke30@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> No, I don't know. Probably just a temporary problem, try again.
>>>
>>> Mark

>> Mark,
>>
>> Ok here goes
>>
>> ray
>
> Mark Greenwood,
>
> the same again-
>
> rayburke@rayburke-desktop:~$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
> [sudo] password for rayburke:
> Error reading https://launchpad.net/api/1.0/~ubuntu-wine/+archive/ppa:
> <urlopen error [Errno 8] _ssl.c:490: EOF occurred in violation of
> protocol>
> rayburke@rayburke-desktop:~$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
> [sudo] password for rayburke:
> Error reading https://launchpad.net/api/1.0/~ubuntu-wine/+archive/ppa:
> <urlopen error [Errno 8] _ssl.c:490: EOF occurred in violation of
> protocol>
> rayburke@rayburke-desktop:~$

It's working for me. I don't know what version of kubuntu you're running - I'm using 11.10. They did change something recently on the server side so perhaps if you're running an earlier version that command will no longer work.

Mark

Old 02-22-2012, 07:36 PM
ray burke

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 7:26 AM, Mark Greenwood <fatgerman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 22 Feb 2012, at 20:18, ray burke wrote:

>>> Mark,
>>>
>>> Ok here goes
>>>
>>> ray
>>
>> Mark Greenwood,
>>
>> the same again-
>>
>> rayburke@rayburke-desktop:~$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
>> [sudo] password for rayburke:
>> Error reading https://launchpad.net/api/1.0/~ubuntu-wine/+archive/ppa:
>> <urlopen error [Errno 8] _ssl.c:490: EOF occurred in violation of
>> protocol>
>> rayburke@rayburke-desktop:~$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
>> [sudo] password for rayburke:
>> Error reading https://launchpad.net/api/1.0/~ubuntu-wine/+archive/ppa:
>> <urlopen error [Errno 8] _ssl.c:490: EOF occurred in violation of
>> protocol>
>> rayburke@rayburke-desktop:~$
>>

> It's working for me. I don't know what version of kubuntu you're running - I'm using 11.10. They did change something recently on the server side so perhaps if you're running an earlier version that command will no longer work.
>
> Mark
>
>> ray
>>
>> --

Mark,

I am running k10.10 mm and have wine 1.2.3, and want to upgrade but because I
have dial up to upgrade would take forever as in my kpackagekit is shows wine
1.3 as an update at 49mb?

ray