Old 02-19-2012, 07:44 AM
Neil Winchurst

Default Akonadi etc

I attended a local Linux users meeting yesterday. I wanted to ask about
Akonadi but no one there had heard of it. I then found out that I was
the only one present using KDE.

So my question is, is akonadi a KDE only program? And if so, do other
desktops such as Gnome, Xfce, LXDE have similar programs?

Incidentally I don't use akonadi at all and keep it switched off
permanently. I would like to remove it altogether, but I have heard that
could cause problems.

Thanks

Neil

Old 02-19-2012, 09:05 AM