Old 04-03-2008, 02:36 PM

Default Amarok can't see

I have ripped CD collection and stored the files, each CD in it's own directory, on a USB drive. When I point Amarok to the directory that contains each of the CD directories and have it scan the collection, it doesn't see about half the CDs, even though the file manager sees each directory and each track just fine.

What gives? Any ideas how to give Amarok better spectacles?

Paul

Old 04-03-2008, 02:36 PM

Old 04-03-2008, 04:49 PM
"p.daniels"

pkaplan1@comcast.net wrote:
> I have ripped CD collection and stored the files, each CD in it's own directory, on a USB drive. When I point Amarok to the directory that contains each of the CD directories and have it scan the collection, it doesn't see about half the CDs, even though the file manager sees each directory and each track just fine.
>
> What gives? Any ideas how to give Amarok better spectacles?
>
> Paul
Questions:
1. How are the tracks encoded?
2. What version of Amarok?
3. (Not that it should matter) What's your directory structure look
like? Mine's /home/me/music/artist/album/file.flac

-pete

Old 04-03-2008, 04:49 PM
"p.daniels"

Old 04-03-2008, 04:55 PM

All are encoded as flac.
Amorak 1.48 (under KDE 3.5.9)
~/usbdrive/Music/CD/file.flac (there's no obvious difference in the file manager between those that are seen and those that aren't)

It occurs to me that Amorak categorizes CDs by artist. Is it possible that older CDs may not have all the meta info necessary for Amorak to read? However, my set of Brandeburg concerti is on 2 CDs; 1 is seen by Amorak, one not...go figure!

From: "p.daniels" <teeahr1@gmail.com>

From: "p.daniels" <teeahr1@gmail.com>

From: "p.daniels" <teeahr1@gmail.com>

Old 04-03-2008, 05:20 PM
"p.daniels"

Aha. Are you sure the files are all tagged properly? That's my guess.

-pd-

Old 04-03-2008, 05:20 PM
"p.daniels"

Old 04-03-2008, 05:55 PM