Old 04-03-2008, 05:55 PM

Default Amarok can't see

Tagged? How does one do so?
From: "p.daniels" <teeahr1@gmail.com>

Old 04-03-2008, 06:28 PM
"p.daniels"

My favorite id3 tagger is Easytag, which you can install from the
repositories with the command "sudo aptitude install easytag". It's a
pretty intuitive program, but if you need help with it, check the
webiste: http://easytag.sourceforge.net/

-pd-

Old 04-03-2008, 06:28 PM
"p.daniels"

Old 04-03-2008, 06:58 PM

Following my Brandenburg example, Easytag sees no difference between the tags for the flac files on either CD (other than track name, of course), yet one directory remains visible to Amarok and one is completely invisible.

??

Help.

From: "p.daniels" <teeahr1@gmail.com>

Old 04-03-2008, 06:58 PM

From: "p.daniels" <teeahr1@gmail.com>

Old 04-03-2008, 06:58 PM

From: "p.daniels" <teeahr1@gmail.com>

Old 04-03-2008, 08:06 PM
"Jonas Norlander"

2008/4/3, pkaplan1@comcast.net <pkaplan1@comcast.net>:
> Following my Brandenburg example, Easytag sees no difference between the tags for the flac files on either CD (other than track name, of course), yet one directory remains visible to Amarok and one is completely invisible.
>
> ??
>
> Help.

Some thoughts:
What kind of filesystem is it on the drive?
Could it be some strange character in the filname or foldername?
File system errors? Try to do a manually check, check for bad clusters to.
What happens if you drag files from a filebrowser to the playlist in amarok?
Can you play the files with another player?

/ Jonas

Old 04-03-2008, 08:33 PM
"p.daniels"

Other things to consider:
Did you rip all the music with the same software?
Is there any pattern to the "missing" tracks? All from one album/none
from another, etc?

Old 04-04-2008, 07:54 AM
Jonathan Kaye

pkaplan1@comcast.net wrote:

> Following my Brandenburg example, Easytag sees no difference between the
> tags for the flac files on either CD (other than track name, of course),
> yet one directory remains visible to Amarok and one is completely
> invisible.
>
> ??
This thread is getting split apart. Anyway see my answer to your earlier
question. Remember you need to update your collection in Amarok in order
for your changes to appear.

Jonathan

Please do not send me copies of list mail. I read the lists. Thanks!

Old 04-04-2008, 07:54 AM
Jonathan Kaye