Old 04-03-2008, 03:39 AM
Larry Hartman

Default Wireless and the BCM43xx driver

On Wednesday 02 April 2008 06:12:28 pm Bill wrote:
> I'm not saying I'm going to follow through on this;
>

> But, has any survey been made to determine the easiest and most reliable (I
> underline and put in bold most reliable) PCMCIA Network Notebook card for
> Hardy?
>

> If it comes to a $20 investment (on eBay), I might take the plunge for a
> better PCMCIA Network Card (802.11G)

Tough question, my field of vision is too limited to know what might be out
there to answer it. PCMCIA? I am assuming that you are working with older
hardware? Do you have USB port? May find more hardware possibilities in
that direction.

Larry

Old 04-03-2008, 12:35 PM
"Bill"

I guess, I'm showing my age.
A PCMCIA card is now called a PC Card for a Notebook/Laptop. An example of
a PCMCIA card would be my Linksys WPC54G, the problem child that uses
BCM48xx drivers and started this conversation.