Old 02-13-2012, 05:02 AM
Nils Kassube

Default Major problem with Oneiric 11.10 freezing

Tom Bell wrote:
> Most of the time when I start a program, Thunderbird, Firefox,
> Dolphin, etc., it will delay anywhere from 2 to 5 minutes and even
> then there is no guarantee that it will actually start.

It could be a failing harddisk. Have a look at "/var/log/syslog" if
there is any hint. Or it could be a network share which is not
reachable, but I think that in this case the application should finally
start. Again, there should be a hint in "/var/log/syslog".

Nils

Old 02-13-2012, 06:33 AM
Tom Bell