Old 02-13-2012, 03:49 AM
Tom Bell

Default Major problem with Oneiric 11.10 freezing

Most of the time when I start a program, Thunderbird, Firefox, Dolphin,
etc., it will delay anywhere from 2 to 5 minutes and even then there is
no guarantee that it will actually start. I have 3 screen captures that
illustrate the problem and I will upload them to anyone who is interested.
Below is as much information as I could think to send. If anyone wants
more information, please be specific.

Thank you!

I have:
tommy@kubuntu:~$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release: 11.10
Codename: oneiric

Linux kubuntu 3.0.0-15-generic #26-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jan 20 17:23:00 UTC
2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

tommy@kubuntu:~$ lshw |grep -nA 10 cpu
WARNING: you should run this program as super-user.
12: *-cpu
13- product: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+
14- vendor: Hynix Semiconductor (Hyundai Electronics)
15- physical id: 2
16: bus info: cpu@0
17- width: 64 bits
18- capabilities: fpu fpu_exception wp vme de pse tsc msr pae
mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2
ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt rdtscp x86-64 3dnowext 3dnow rep_good nopl
extd_apicid pni cx16 lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy

8G memory

tommy@kubuntu:~$ lshw |grep -nA 10 VGA
WARNING: you should run this program as super-user.
116- product: G92 [GeForce 9800 GT]
117- vendor: nVidia Corporation
118- physical id: 0
119- bus info: pci@0000:01:00.0
120- version: a2
121- width: 64 bits
122- clock: 33MHz
123- capabilities: vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
124- configuration: driver=nvidia latency=0
125- resources: irq:16 memory:fa000000-faffffff
memory:e0000000-efffffff memory:f8000000-f9ffffff ioport:ac00(size=128)
memory:fbfe0000-fbffffff
WARNING: output may be incomplete or inaccurate, you should run this
program as super-user.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:12 AM
Basil Chupin

Most of the time when I start a program, Thunderbird, Firefox,
Dolphin, etc., it will delay anywhere from 2 to 5 minutes and even
then there is no guarantee that it will actually start. I have 3
screen captures that illustrate the problem and I will upload them to
anyone who is interested.
Below is as much information as I could think to send. If anyone
wants more information, please be specific.

Thank you!

When you ask a question like this and have some screenshots to
illustrate your problem, just like you have now, then post them to:

picpaste.com

and simply include the URL(s) pointing to the screenshots. This way you
only upload them once and everybody has access them to see what you are
talking about.

BC

--
Aspire to inspire before you expire.