Old 02-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Rod Lovett

Default Even Linus Torvalds preferred KDE---

Even Linus Torvalds preferred KDE,

Gnome is going down a less than optimal path at present, perhaps more
for the masses, of which there are millions.

I guess Mark Shuttleworth only votes for the masses, but he may lose a
lot of users the way things are going. Some folks are even at last
trying Kubuntu which has always been treated as a second class citizen
and preferring it. Oh well he thinks he knows where the money is, but
downgrading that fine desktop distro Kubuntu, is in my humble opinion an
error of judgement.

As far as MS being green with envy ha ha, they only ever make you pay
heaps for at best beta software, hence service pack1 etc after all the
complaints are in. Unlike open source, MS takes ages to get better and
squash bugs.

I do hope Kubuntu can keep going despite the sword of Damocles approach
by King Ubuntu which is not exhibiting much humanity at present to the
other great desktop. I hope we are not reduced to getting rid of the
ubuntu-desktop and grafting the KDE-desktop onto it, that is of course
if it is even left in the repos in a satisfactory state.

Regards
Rod