Old 02-08-2012, 05:42 AM
Lindsay Mathieson

Default Canonical and Kubuntu future

On 8 February 2012 16:25, O. Sinclair <o.sinclair@gmail.com> wrote:

Blogged by Apachelogger, well known dev of Kubuntu. Well worth a read and answers a lot of questions.

http://apachelog.wordpress.com/2012/02/07/how-kubuntu-did-not-change/

Very interesting, thanks.

--
Lindsay

Old 02-08-2012, 09:42 AM
Basil Chupin

<mailto.sinclair@gmail.com>> wrote:

Blogged by Apachelogger, well known dev of Kubuntu. Well worth a
read and answers a lot of questions.

http://apachelog.wordpress.com/2012/02/07/how-kubuntu-did-not-change/

Very interesting, thanks.

Interesting? Perhaps.

More of a Motherhood statement really.

If you care to read carefully you will ask yourself, "Kubuntu at the
moment but what about the other "variations on a theme? What will happen
to them? Will Unity go the same way I wonder, totally reliant on
"community support"?

BC

--
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

Old 02-08-2012, 01:29 PM
"O. Sinclair"

Blogged by Apachelogger, well known dev of Kubuntu. Well worth a
read and answers a lot of questions.

http://apachelog.wordpress.com/2012/02/07/how-kubuntu-did-not-change/

Very interesting, thanks.

Interesting? Perhaps.

More of a Motherhood statement really.

If you care to read carefully you will ask yourself, "Kubuntu at the
moment but what about the other "variations on a theme? What will happen
to them? Will Unity go the same way I wonder, totally reliant on
"community support"?

BC

I would doubt that Unity goes that way unless it turns into a disaster -
as that is Canonicals choice for THE Ubuntu distro.