Old 02-04-2012, 07:33 PM
ray burke

Default disk check at boot up time

can anyone help?

I have been told to insert "sudo touch /forcefsck" in a terminal
window when log into
k10.10mm so as to force
a disk check at next boot time of which I have done, but every time I
boot up now is does
the fsck, and I only want it to do it once, so what is the command to do this?

ray

Old 02-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Mark Greenwood

On 4 Feb 2012, at 20:33, ray burke wrote:

> can anyone help?
>
> I have been told to insert "sudo touch /forcefsck" in a terminal
> window when log into
> k10.10mm so as to force
> a disk check at next boot time of which I have done, but every time I
> boot up now is does
> the fsck, and I only want it to do it once, so what is the command to do this?

touch simply creates an empty file, so I would assume

sudo rm /forcefsk

would do the trick, but better wait for an authoritative answer before you try this.

Mark

Old 02-04-2012, 10:01 PM
Basil Chupin