Old 02-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Mark Greenwood

Default It's so nice not having to compile programs anymore...

On 1 Feb 2012, at 12:16, Thomas Tanghus Olsen wrote:

> ...but when you once in a while have to do it, I have totally forgotten how.
>
> I've downloaded
> http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=scratch%2Fvhanda%2Fnepomuktagmanager.git&a=summ ary
> and of course I didn't have any dev packages installed, so I've installed:
>
> kde-sc-dev-latest kdesdk kdesdk-misc kdesdk-scripts
>
> but still get this error. Please remind my Swiss cheese brain what I need to
> install.
>

> CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindKDE4.cmake:98 (MESSAGE):
> ERROR: cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake not found in
> /home/[user]/.kde/share/apps;/usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde4-
> profile/default/share/apps;/usr/share/kde4/apps
>
> On Kubuntu 11.10 with KDE SC 4.8.

sudo apt-get build-dep <name of program> will do it if you're just recompiling something that's already in the repos.

Mark

Old 02-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Thomas Tanghus Olsen

On Wednesday 01 February 2012 13:09 Mark Greenwood wrote:
> On 1 Feb 2012, at 12:16, Thomas Tanghus Olsen wrote:
> > ...but when you once in a while have to do it, I have totally forgotten
> > how.
> >
> > I've downloaded
> > http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=scratch%2Fvhanda%2Fnepomuktagmanager.git&a=summ
> > ary and of course I didn't have any dev packages installed, so I've
> > installed:
> >
> > kde-sc-dev-latest kdesdk kdesdk-misc kdesdk-scripts
> >
> > but still get this error. Please remind my Swiss cheese brain what I need
> > to install.
> >
> > CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindKDE4.cmake:98 (MESSAGE):
> > ERROR: cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake not found in
> > /home/[user]/.kde/share/apps;/usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde4-
> >
> > profile/default/share/apps;/usr/share/kde4/apps
> >
> > On Kubuntu 11.10 with KDE SC 4.8.
>
> sudo apt-get build-dep <name of program> will do it if you're just
> recompiling something that's already in the repos.

It's not in the repos. It's the link I mentioned above.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:39 PM
Mark Greenwood

On 1 Feb 2012, at 13:26, Thomas Tanghus Olsen wrote:

> On Wednesday 01 February 2012 13:09 Mark Greenwood wrote:
>> On 1 Feb 2012, at 12:16, Thomas Tanghus Olsen wrote:
>>> ...but when you once in a while have to do it, I have totally forgotten
>>> how.
>>>
>>> I've downloaded
>>> http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=scratch%2Fvhanda%2Fnepomuktagmanager.git&a=summ
>>> ary and of course I didn't have any dev packages installed, so I've
>>> installed:
>>>
>>> kde-sc-dev-latest kdesdk kdesdk-misc kdesdk-scripts
>>>
>>> but still get this error. Please remind my Swiss cheese brain what I need
>>> to install.
>>>
>>> CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindKDE4.cmake:98 (MESSAGE):
>>> ERROR: cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake not found in
>>> /home/[user]/.kde/share/apps;/usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde4-
>>>
>>> profile/default/share/apps;/usr/share/kde4/apps
>>>
>>> On Kubuntu 11.10 with KDE SC 4.8.
>>
>> sudo apt-get build-dep <name of program> will do it if you're just
>> recompiling something that's already in the repos.
>
> It's not in the repos. It's the link I mentioned above.

apt-file is very useful in these circumstances. It'll tell you which package contains the file you're looking for. I don't think it's installed by default.

apt-file update
apt-file search FindKDE4Internal.cmake

On mine this comes up with kdelibs5-dev as the package you need.

Mark

Old 02-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Thomas Tanghus Olsen

On Wednesday 01 February 2012 13:39 Mark Greenwood wrote:
> On 1 Feb 2012, at 13:26, Thomas Tanghus Olsen wrote:

> >> sudo apt-get build-dep <name of program> will do it if you're just
> >> recompiling something that's already in the repos.
> >
> > It's not in the repos. It's the link I mentioned above.
>
> apt-file is very useful in these circumstances. It'll tell you which package
> contains the file you're looking for. I don't think it's installed by
> default.
>
> apt-file update
> apt-file search FindKDE4Internal.cmake
>
> On mine this comes up with kdelibs5-dev as the package you need.

Thank you :-) I hadn't thought of apt-file.