Old 01-30-2012, 11:19 PM
Ole-Erik

Default Shutdown Problem

All

*

I've the same problem. Have to be very quick with the "off" switch.

*

But luckily, it starts beautifully for my next session.

*

Ole-Erik

*

Old 10-08-2012, 02:27 PM
"Stephen P. Molnar"

Debian 6.0.6 (64 bit)/KDE 4.4.5

For some reason when I shutdown the system, either as a user or as root,
the process hangs on:

Currently running process (pstree):

The only recourse I seem to have is to hit the reset button.
Reinstalling psmisc did not solve the problem.

Assistance in solving this problem will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

--
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D. Life is a fuzzy set
Foundation for Chemistry Stochastic and multivariate

Archive: 5072E2B9.6000507@sbcglobal.net">http://lists.debian.org/5072E2B9.6000507@sbcglobal.net

Old 10-08-2012, 08:40 PM
Brian

On Mon 08 Oct 2012 at 10:27:05 -0400, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:

> Debian 6.0.6 (64 bit)/KDE 4.4.5
>
> For some reason when I shutdown the system, either as a user or as
> root, the process hangs on:
>
> Currently running process (pstree):
>
> The only recourse I seem to have is to hit the reset button.
> Reinstalling psmisc did not solve the problem.

Everything you see on the screen when the hang occurs can only be of
help. pstree itself is probably not the problem.