Old 01-27-2012, 01:51 PM
"O. Sinclair"

Default kde 4.8 - file indexing service not running

Sigh.

after all worked nicely for almost I day I shut down laptop and went
home. Start it up again to find no search, no indexing.

Go to System Settings for Desktop Search and find error message "file
indexing service not running".

And for sure, not a sign of virtuoso-t or nepomukindexer or anything.
While most things work it is not what I want.

Any hints on how to get it up and running, google is not of much help
and all I try end with, at best, (from CLI) "there is no configuration
file virtuoso.ini".

Sinclair

Old 01-27-2012, 02:16 PM
"O. Sinclair"

after all worked nicely for almost I day I shut down laptop and went
home. Start it up again to find no search, no indexing.

Go to System Settings for Desktop Search and find error message "file
indexing service not running".

And for sure, not a sign of virtuoso-t or nepomukindexer or anything.
While most things work it is not what I want.

Any hints on how to get it up and running, google is not of much help
and all I try end with, at best, (from CLI) "there is no configuration
file virtuoso.ini".

Sinclair

Eventually found it - corrupt database. Removed it and heeeereee goes
indexing...

sinclair