Old 01-27-2012, 10:53 AM
Nigel Ridley

Default Logitech Quickcam E 3500 no sound - Solved again!

On 01/27/2012 01:14 PM, Nigel Ridley wrote:

On 01/24/2012 07:26 PM, Nigel Ridley wrote:

Hi list,

I just bought a Logitech Quickcam E 3500 and installed cheese.
The camera works fine but I can't get the included mic to work.
I have tried Kmix > Sound and Video configuration > Video Recording > Recording
The webcam is there and I can click on the Test button and see a video but no sound.
I played around with different options under the various tabs (under Sound Card the webcam is
there but when I click on it still no sound).

Aren't these USB devices meant to just simply work?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Nigel

Since getting the webcam inbuilt microphone to work I now have another problem :-(
I have now removed the webcam (USB) but the KMix icon on the kicker bar doesn't adjust nor mute
the speakers. I tried all the configuration option in all the places I could find but still no
adjusting.
BUT, if I start a downloaded video using DragonPlayer I then get an extra option in the Kmix
mixer under the Playback Streams named 'dragonplayer: Playback Stream' and I can then adjust the
sound level and mute it.
If I play a YouTube video I then get, under the Playback Streams, one named 'ALSA plug-in
[plugin-container]: Alsa Playback' and again I can adjust sound levels and mute it.

Under System Settings > Multimedia > Phonon I have the laptops internal sound card selected for
everything and the 'test' button works - there is sound.

So how do I get the Kmix icon on the kicker bar to give me back my sound level control?

TIA,

Nigel

A simple logout/login solved the kmix issue - but why do I have logout/login???
Maybe Precise Pangolin 12-04 will fix [lots of] things......