Old 01-27-2012, 09:28 AM
"O. Sinclair"

Default 4.8 on 11.10 - problems with KAddressbook in KMail

OK found a couple of problems now..

after upgrade to KDE 4.8 in Kubuntu 11.10 most things work fine or great.

But, once more, my KAdressbook (Personal Contacts) does not "auto fill
in or suggest" when I create a new mail. I get from "recent addresses" only.

And my distribution lists went missing again.. can it be THAT
complicated to make sure lists stay between upgrades?

Anyone confirm the problem, or do not have the problem, or has a
solution I can try?

Sinclair

Old 01-27-2012, 01:55 PM
Bruce Marshall

On Friday, January 27, 2012 12:28:00 O. Sinclair wrote:
> OK found a couple of problems now..
>
> after upgrade to KDE 4.8 in Kubuntu 11.10 most things work fine or great.
>
> But, once more, my KAdressbook (Personal Contacts) does not "auto fill
> in or suggest" when I create a new mail. I get from "recent addresses" only.
>
> And my distribution lists went missing again.. can it be THAT
> complicated to make sure lists stay between upgrades?
>
> Anyone confirm the problem, or do not have the problem, or has a
> solution I can try?
>
> Sinclair

My personal contacts 'suggests' from time to time but only when you type in
the full first name - - like 'bob' in the contact

Bob Smith <bsmith@xxxxxxxx>

Old 01-31-2012, 07:43 PM
Valter Mura

after upgrade to KDE 4.8 in Kubuntu 11.10 most things work fine or great.

But, once more, my KAdressbook (Personal Contacts) does not "auto fill
in or suggest" when I create a new mail. I get from "recent addresses" only.

And my distribution lists went missing again.. can it be THAT
complicated to make sure lists stay between upgrades?

Anyone confirm the problem, or do not have the problem, or has a
solution I can try?

Sinclair

My personal contacts 'suggests' from time to time but only when you type in
the full first name - - like 'bob' in the contact

I think you have to check "System Settings/Kde Resources/Kde Resources
tab. There you can setup a new addressbook or an existing one.

Ciao
--
Valter
*Open Source is better!*

Old 02-01-2012, 02:41 AM
"O. Sinclair"

after upgrade to KDE 4.8 in Kubuntu 11.10 most things work fine or
great.

But, once more, my KAdressbook (Personal Contacts) does not "auto fill
in or suggest" when I create a new mail. I get from "recent
addresses" only.

And my distribution lists went missing again.. can it be THAT
complicated to make sure lists stay between upgrades?

Anyone confirm the problem, or do not have the problem, or has a
solution I can try?

Sinclair

My personal contacts 'suggests' from time to time but only when you
type in
the full first name - - like 'bob' in the contact

I think you have to check "System Settings/Kde Resources/Kde Resources
tab. There you can setup a new addressbook or an existing one.

Ciao
If it was that easy... KDE Resources is "depreciated", you will find
that any Contacts created that way is "read-only". It is now done in
Akonadi Resources - where I have tried all logical and a few more ways
of creating, deleting, re-creating etc. my Personal Contacts.

No, it simply is not working in 4.8 and I am very far from the only one
having the problem. I reverted to 4.7.4 despite my liking other aspects
of 4.8 much better. But I NEED my KMail to work - and Distribution Lists
also stopped working in 4.8

Best
Sinclair