Old 01-26-2012, 01:37 PM
Thomas Tanghus Olsen

Default Very slick 4.8

Trying out the new icon only task bar. Not sure if I can get used to it, but
it does have some slick effects :-)

Things seem to work very smoothly, except I had no kwin after upgrade
apparently because I was running kde-window-manager-gles. After installing
kde-window-manager I could log in again, but because it took me a while to
realize I was missing the kwin binary, I had wiped my plasma* and kwin*
config.

Problem is now that I can't log out. It simply hangs with a black screen, so I
have to restart kdm via the console, thus loosing settings for my monitor and
- I presume - any plasma modifications.
Not that I log out a lot, but kernel upgrades seems to come in a fast pace, so
I do have to reboot once in a while.

Any idea of what can be halting the log out, or is there a command to force
sync all unsaved configurations?

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus Olsen

Old 01-26-2012, 01:43 PM
Thomas Tanghus Olsen

On Thursday 26 January 2012 15:37 Thomas Tanghus Olsen wrote:
> Trying out the new icon only task bar. Not sure if I can get used to it, but
> it does have some slick effects :-)

It appears that I have to get used to it, because the normal taskmanager goes
nuts when I open a new window, and keeps rearranging the entries. Maybe
because I'm running both concurrently? Dunno, but it's driving me crazy.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Lindsay Mathieson

On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 03:43:12 PM Thomas Tanghus Olsen wrote:
> On Thursday 26 January 2012 15:37 Thomas Tanghus Olsen wrote:
> > Trying out the new icon only task bar. Not sure if I can get used to it,
> > but it does have some slick effects :-)
>
> It appears that I have to get used to it, because the normal taskmanager
> goes nuts when I open a new window, and keeps rearranging the entries.
> Maybe because I'm running both concurrently? Dunno, but it's driving me
> crazy.

Personally I love the icon only task bar - having task related launchers is
great and it seems far less buggy than the old task bar
--
Lindsay

Old 01-26-2012, 10:28 PM
Basil Chupin

Trying out the new icon only task bar. Not sure if I can get used to it, but
it does have some slick effects :-)

It appears that I have to get used to it, because the normal taskmanager goes
nuts when I open a new window, and keeps rearranging the entries.

Have you locked the widgets?

Maybe
because I'm running both concurrently? Dunno, but it's driving me crazy.

BC

--
But when you take arms from people, then you start to upset them, you show you do not trust them because you are frightened or cagey.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Old 01-26-2012, 10:31 PM
Thomas Tanghus Olsen

On Friday 27 January 2012 10:28 Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 27/01/12 01:43, Thomas Tanghus Olsen wrote:
> > On Thursday 26 January 2012 15:37 Thomas Tanghus Olsen wrote:
> >> Trying out the new icon only task bar. Not sure if I can get used to it,
> >> but it does have some slick effects :-)
> >
> > It appears that I have to get used to it, because the normal taskmanager
> > goes nuts when I open a new window, and keeps rearranging the entries.
>
> Have you locked the widgets?

Nope

Old 01-26-2012, 10:39 PM
Basil Chupin

Trying out the new icon only task bar. Not sure if I can get used to it,
but it does have some slick effects :-)

It appears that I have to get used to it, because the normal taskmanager
goes nuts when I open a new window, and keeps rearranging the entries.

Have you locked the widgets?

Nope

Then lock them, "Dear Henry, Dear Henry, Lock Them!" - after putting
the icons in the positions you want them in.

BC

Old 01-26-2012, 10:59 PM
Thomas Tanghus Olsen

On Friday 27 January 2012 10:39 Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 27/01/12 10:31, Thomas Tanghus Olsen wrote:

> >> Have you locked the widgets?
> >
> > Nope
>
> Then lock them, "Dear Henry, Dear Henry, Lock Them!" - after putting
> the icons in the positions you want them in.

lol - it's never been a problem before though. Will try it out if/when I get
tired of the icon-only taskbar.

Thanks.

Old 01-30-2012, 04:42 AM
Basil Chupin