Old 01-25-2012, 11:25 PM
Paul Bromwell Jr

Default Partition Won't Mount Properly at Boot

I have an NTFS partition that doesn't mount properly at boot,
meaning that it mounts but in read-only mode.The funny thing is, I
can mount it manually and it will work in read/write. But only when
it boots does it mount in read-only. I use the partition to store
OS-independent data (Windows 7 / Kubuntu 11.10 dual-boot) so it's
really annoying when I boot up the computer and go right to Eclipse,
and Eclipse complains that it can't find the folder because it's not
mounted. I have to go back out, open up Dolphin, click on the
partition to mount it, then return to Eclipse. I've already run
chkdsk on the partition and Windows reports 0 errors. Anything else
I can do? The other idea I had in mind was to create a script to
mount it and then have Kubuntu run that script at boot, see if it
makes a difference.

--

Paul Bromwell

IT Professional

(513)787-6603

and/or privileged material. If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have
received this message in error and that any review,
dissemination, distribution or copying of this message including
any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you received this in
error, please contact the sender and delete the material from
any computer.