Old 01-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Francesco Antonetti Lamorgese Passeri

Default NAS and managing electrical mains

Il 19/01/2012 14:51, Francesco Antonetti Lamorgese Passeri ha scritto:

Hi,

I've Kubuntu 11.10 on my notebook and a Lacie NAS wired to my home
LAN. Usually i mount the shares on the NAS as local file systems
(/mnt/NAS), to make it usable for certain software not supporting
network protocols. I would solve this problem: sometimes happens the
elctrical mains goes down suddenly, so my notebook loses the
connection to the NAS. In this case, if i turn off the notebook, it
takes several minutes to shutdown, beacuse, i suppose, the system
don't recognizes the connection loss. How can i instruct the system to
recognize the connection loss quickly and unmount the remote partitions?

Thank you very much

Francesco

Finally i did it!

Thank you for your answers.

I used AutoFS to locally mount and umount the NAS automatically and set
a short timeout, so now shutting down the PC is finally faster.

Thanks for answers and directed research.

Cheers

Francesco