Old 01-18-2012, 08:43 AM
Jörg von Frantzius

Default Nepomuk performance

Hi,
this isn't meant to be another bashing of Nepomuk + Strigi.*
I'm just wondering about its performance: right now I see a "nepomukindexer" process seemingly indexing a 1MB PDF file for minutes (where it should only be seconds). I already wondered why Nepomuk was still indexing this morning after having turned it on yesterday evening.

Does anybody know what may be the reason, or what can be done about it? I already increased "Memory Usage" from 50MB RAM to 100MB in the "Desktop Search" / "Advanced Settings".

Maybe there are different indexing backends to choose from, but I don't know where to configure this.
Thanks for help,Jörg

Old 01-18-2012, 08:58 AM
Alvin

On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 10:43:07 +0100, Jörg von Frantzius