Old 01-06-2012, 11:21 AM
"George Labuschagne"

Default Thanks for such an amazing OS.

Hi

Thanks to all involved in creating and maintaining Kubuntu. It is such a beautiful environment to work in!

By having the solid base of ubuntu with the sleekness of kde I just can not get enough of it.

I am currently second year B.Sc. Computer Science student. We have a Qt course that we have to do. How would one go about getting involved with Kubuntu / KDE? I feel really bad for using this software for FREE and would like to pay for the privilege by getting involved.
Kind regards,

George Labuschagne
Cell: +27 83 451 9443
Email: George.Labuschagne@gmail.com
Twitter: @georgelappies

Old 01-09-2012, 09:03 AM
Myriam Schweingruber

Hi George,

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 13:21, George Labuschagne
<george.labuschagne@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thanks to all involved in creating and maintaining Kubuntu. It is such a beautiful environment to work in!
>
> By having the solid base of ubuntu with the sleekness of kde I just can not get enough of it.

Great you like it

> I am currently second year B.Sc. Computer Science student. We have a Qt course that we have to do. How would one go about getting involved with Kubuntu / KDE? I feel really bad for using this software for FREE and would like to pay for the privilege by getting involved.

I think this is quite easy: what is your preferred part of KDE? Get
yourself familiar with the code and have a look at some Junior Jobs in
http://bugs.kde.org. Subscribe to the kde-devel@kde.org mailing list
and have a look at the techbase
wiki:http://techbase.kde.org/Development as well as the KDE Community
wiki: http://community.kde.org/Getinvolved/development
There is also a comprehensive book you can download here with all the
necessary information to get into KDE
development:http://en.flossmanuals.net/kde-guide/

Do you prefer to work on the distribution aka Kubuntu itself? Then get
in touch with the Kubuntu developers through their mailing list:
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com (NOT a support list, folks!). Of course
you can find some more information here:
http://www.kubuntu.org/community/contribute

Hope this helps

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org