Old 01-04-2012, 07:27 PM
Mark Greenwood

Default Backup system for KDE

I've just created a backup system for KDE that's quite similar to the one that comes with my fruit-based computer. It's quite good though I say so myself.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ktardis

There's a wiki page that describes how to set it up.

I hope this sort of email is permitted on this list. I think it'll be useful for KDE users.

Mark

Old 01-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Ken Larkman

Mark,

I installed it but there plasma widget has no icon. Is there a fix for that?

-ken

Old 01-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Mark Greenwood

Hmm.. I have to admit that the icon is rather difficult to see unless you use a dark-coloured panel. The fix is for me to design a better icon

If you definitely have no icon at all, try logging out and back in again. It should have installed one but perhaps it didn't work.

Mark

Old 01-04-2012, 11:14 PM
Mark Greenwood

I notice 5 people have downloaded it! Unfortunately I made a serious omission in the installation instructions so it won't work. If you've downloaded it and it didn't work you need to:
sudo apt-get install*libfilesys-df-perl libdatetime-perl
Apologies for the error and for posting this particular mail to the Kubuntu list. If anybody has further questions please use the forum on the linked page or email me directly.
Thanks,

Old 01-05-2012, 12:33 AM
Ardavon Falls

I like to use dupli.back. It can be found here...
http://code.google.com/p/dupliback/

Ardy

!DSPAM:4f04fddd8131788011060!