Old 01-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Swapnil Bhartiya

Default Dolhpin Can't Mount SD Cards From Camera Nautilus Can

Hi,

Today I connected my Nikon D7000 camera to Kubuntu and it popped a
message to open it with either DigiKam, Dolphin or GwenView. I selected
Dolphin but all it showed was some crazy folder which had no content in
them. It also did not show the two SD carded in the left pane. I open
the camera with Nautilus under Ubuntu and it mounted the cards as simple
mass storage. How to use KDE/Kubuntu with my camera?

Swapnil

Old 01-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Leslie Anne Chatterton

You can install Nautilus on Kubuntu. Its in the repositories. It should have all the functionality it has in Ubuntu.

Sent from my Android 2.2 Dell Streak

Old 01-01-2012, 05:48 PM

On Sunday, January 01, 2012 05:18:38 PM Swapnil Bhartiya wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Today I connected my Nikon D7000 camera to Kubuntu and it popped a
> message to open it with either DigiKam, Dolphin or GwenView. I selected
> Dolphin but all it showed was some crazy folder which had no content in
> them. It also did not show the two SD carded in the left pane. I open
> the camera with Nautilus under Ubuntu and it mounted the cards as simple
> mass storage. How to use KDE/Kubuntu with my camera?
>
> Swapnil

After mounting it in Nautilus, does Dolphin still not see it?
Do you have kamera installed?
kamera - digital camera support for KDE applications

Old 01-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Swapnil Bhartiya

After mounting it in Nautilus, does Dolphin still not see it?
Do you have kamera installed?
kamera - digital camera support for KDE applications

No Dolphin doesn't see it even after mounting. Yes, Kamera is installed.

Swapnil

Old 01-09-2012, 11:07 PM
Pastor JW

On Sunday, January 01, 2012 10:41:32 am Leslie Anne Chatterton wrote:
> You can install Nautilus on Kubuntu. Its in the repositories. It should
> have all the functionality it has in Ubuntu.

Kubuntu IS Ubuntu, it is just not Gnome! However, plugging my Canon or Sanyo
into the computer with a usb cable normally allows me to bring up DigiKam
which transfers the pictures to computer and allows me to leave them on the
camera or delete them.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n>< PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org

Old 01-10-2012, 12:03 AM
Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa

Hi!

Please, open your camera with Nautilus, and while keeping nautilus
open, go to a console and post the output of:

cat /proc/partitions
mount
df -h

Now, umount camera, unplug it, and then repeat the same while
connecting it with Dolphin.

Ildefonso.

On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 11:48 AM, Swapnil Bhartiya

Old 01-10-2012, 12:22 AM
Basil Chupin