Old 01-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Bill Vance

Default Browser prob

Running 10.04 here.

I have tried every browser there is, and can't get a single
one of them to produce any sound whatsoever. Whatever the
problem is, it seems to be something they _all_ require.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Bill

Old 01-01-2012, 10:02 AM
"O. Sinclair"

I have tried every browser there is, and can't get a single
one of them to produce any sound whatsoever. Whatever the
problem is, it seems to be something they _all_ require.

Anyone got any ideas?

try installing the Veromix plasmoid to tame the PulseAudio beast. Check
kde-apps.org

Old 01-01-2012, 05:15 PM

On Sunday, January 01, 2012 03:00:34 AM Bill Vance wrote:
> Running 10.04 here.
>
> I have tried every browser there is, and can't get a single
> one of them to produce any sound whatsoever. Whatever the
> problem is, it seems to be something they _all_ require.
>
> Anyone got any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Bill

Do you have any sound from other apps?
I have noticed that KDE starts up muted sometimes fro me, or perhaps something
changed your backend playback settings.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Leslie Anne Chatterton

Could be caused by a missing or wrong version of flash.

Sent from my Android 2.2 Dell Streak

Old 01-02-2012, 07:08 AM
Bill Vance

On Sun, Jan 01, 2012 at 12:15:42PM -0600, theuteck@gmail.com wrote:
>Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2012 12:15:42 -0600
>From: theuteck@gmail.com
>Subject: Re: Browser prob
>
>On Sunday, January 01, 2012 03:00:34 AM Bill Vance wrote:
>> Running 10.04 here.
>>
>> I have tried every browser there is, and can't get a single
>> one of them to produce any sound whatsoever. Whatever the
>> problem is, it seems to be something they _all_ require.
>>
>> Anyone got any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Bill
>
>Do you have any sound from other apps?
>I have noticed that KDE starts up muted sometimes fro me, or perhaps something
>changed your backend playback settings.

Starts up ok, plays DVD's just fine.

Bill

Old 01-02-2012, 12:36 PM
"O. Sinclair"

I have tried every browser there is, and can't get a single
one of them to produce any sound whatsoever. Whatever the
problem is, it seems to be something they _all_ require.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Bill

Do you have any sound from other apps?
I have noticed that KDE starts up muted sometimes fro me, or perhaps something
changed your backend playback settings.

Starts up ok, plays DVD's just fine.

Bill

exactly WHAT are you trying to play (sound) in a browser? Flash movies,
html5 or what are we talking about here? For me all works after
installing proper plug-ins

Old 01-03-2012, 06:49 AM
Bill Vance

On Mon, Jan 02, 2012 at 03:36:26PM +0200, O. Sinclair wrote:
>Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 15:36:26 +0200
>From: "O. Sinclair" <o.sinclair@gmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Browser prob
>
>On 02/01/12 10:08, Bill Vance wrote:
>>On Sun, Jan 01, 2012 at 12:15:42PM -0600, theuteck@gmail.com wrote:
>>>Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2012 12:15:42 -0600
>>>From: theuteck@gmail.com
>>>Subject: Re: Browser prob

>>>Do you have any sound from other apps?
>>>I have noticed that KDE starts up muted sometimes fro me, or perhaps something
>>>changed your backend playback settings.
>>
>>Starts up ok, plays DVD's just fine.
>>
>>Bill
>>

>exactly WHAT are you trying to play (sound) in a browser? Flash
>movies, html5 or what are we talking about here? For me all works
>after installing proper plug-ins

Youtube movies mainly, but I have run across other uses,
like an outfit that plays a short segment of vareious cuts
on a particular audio CD to see if it's the one you want to
buy, etc.

Bill

Old 01-03-2012, 08:17 AM
"O. Sinclair"

[...]

It does sound (ha) to me like a problem with the flash plugin, can you
check if you can play .flv files (download from somewhere, I use ff
plugin for that)

Old 01-03-2012, 10:00 AM
Leslie Anne Chatterton

When I had sound problems it was there flag plug-in.

Sent from my Motorola Xoom Android tablet

Old 01-03-2012, 10:09 AM
Dale Trombley

I've had this a couple times from an uprade. Reinstall flash worked for me. sudo apt-get install flashplugin-installer --reinstall