Old 12-31-2011, 10:50 PM
Lindsay Mathieson

Default KDE 4.8 RC1

On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 09:27:07 PM Mark Greenwood wrote:
> Is anybody else noticing kmix using 100% CPU after playing music for a few
> minutes? Not sure if it's a genuine bug or an effect of my difficult
> upgrade…

Its a definite problem

--
Lindsay

Old 12-31-2011, 11:32 PM
Loïc Grobol

It does happen for me, too. And it crash at restart if I hard stop it.

Loïc.

2012/1/1 Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson@gmail.com>:
> On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 09:27:07 PM Mark Greenwood wrote:
>> Is anybody else noticing kmix using 100% CPU after playing music for a few
>> minutes? Not sure if it's a genuine bug or an effect of my difficult
>> upgrade…
>
> Its a definite problem
>
> --
> Lindsay

Loïc Grobol.

M1 Mathématiques AMA. Faculté des sciences, Orléans La Source.
M1 Linguistique LAASTIC. Faculté de lettres, langues et sciences
humaines, Orléans La Source.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:26 AM
Lindsay Mathieson

On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 09:27:07 PM Mark Greenwood wrote:

> Is anybody else noticing kmix using 100% CPU after playing music for a few

> minutes? Not sure if it's a genuine bug or an effect of my difficult

> upgrade…

*

*

Looks like there's a updated fix in the repo now:

*

kdemultimedia (4:4.7.95-0ubuntu2) precise; urgency=low

* Add debian/patches/kmix_excessive_cpu_usage.diff :
Fix infinite loop leading to 100% CPU usage and excessively allocating memory
-- Romain Perier <email address hidden> Sat, 31 Dec 2011 13:04:50 +0100
*

Have installed, will reboot and see how we go

--

Lindsay