Old 11-27-2007, 10:28 AM
David McGlone

Default OS suggestions

Hey all,

I have 2 computers that I've had sitting around for a couple years, and I'd
like to put kubuntu on them, but that doesn't seem to work. The IBM with an
AMD k6 and 128mb sdram will let me install kubuntu 7.10 but it's
slowwwwwwwwww and I get protocols dying on me unexpectedly. The Other
computer is an Intel PII with 128mb sdram and the install disk will not start
up at all. I installed Win XP on both of them and it works fine, but I don't
want Winblows on these machines.

Any suggestions? I want to get these computers up and running for my kids and
tailor them with games and kids apps.

--
Q: Why is it that Mexico isn't sending anyone to the '84 summer games?
A: Anyone in Mexico who can run, swim or jump is already in LA.