Old 12-19-2011, 09:42 AM
Georgi Kourtev

Default KDE 4.7.4

Dear all,

I got notification for KDE 4.7.4 update through the package manager, but I
don't see any announcement on kubuntu.org website. Any ideas why? Is it OK
to update?
Thanks,
gk

Old 12-19-2011, 09:54 AM
Waleed Hamra

Georgi Kourtev wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I got notification for KDE 4.7.4 update through the package manager, but I
> don't see any announcement on kubuntu.org website. Any ideas why? Is it OK
> to update?
> Thanks,
> gk

weird, i didnt get it, just did a manual check and it's not there. it
might be offered in a PPA.

what does this command in terminal output?

apt-cache policy kde-workspace

--
Waleed K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems

Old 12-19-2011, 10:00 AM
Lindsay Mathieson

On Mon, 19 Dec 2011 12:42:32 PM Georgi Kourtev wrote:
> I got notification for KDE 4.7.4 update through the package manager, but I
> don't see any announcement on kubuntu.org website. Any ideas why?

It might be today with kubuntu developer Jonathan Riddell being involved in a
car accident, I think he is one of the packaging guru's. He is doing ok

> Is it
> OK to update?

I've been using it - no problems.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:27 AM
Georgi Kourtev

> weird, i didnt get it, just did a manual check and it's not there. it
> might be offered in a PPA.

YES

Old 12-20-2011, 05:50 PM
Valter Mura