Old 12-18-2011, 12:06 PM
Michael Renner

Default ekiga and pulseaudio (lucid)

Moin,

Kubuntu 10.4 LTS is running fine at my ADM64 notebook.

Skype is using a USB headset, everything else is configured to use the build
in soundcard.

I installed ekiga 3.2.6 now. Sound via the default sound device (the build in
device) works, but without a build in microphone is dosn't make sense.

But the USB-Sounddevice does not work with ekiga. I can select the Logitech
USB Headset menu entry in preferences | Devices, but it does not work:

----------- cut ---------------
No incoming sound will be played.

Unable to open the selected audio device por playine. In case
it is a pluggable device it may be sufficient to reconnect it. If
not, or if it still is not accessibale, please check your audio
setup, the permissions and that the device it not busy

I reconnected the device, I stopped skype ...... but the error message is
still the same.

Any hint?

Thanks
--
|Michael Renner E-mail: michael.renner@gmx.de |
|81541 Munich skype: michael.renner.gmx.de |