Old 12-16-2011, 05:57 AM
"O. Sinclair"

Default smb problems

on Kubuntu 11.10 with all upgrades, including to KDE 4.7.4

suddenly smb browsing in a LAN with 2 windows 2003 servers is not
working (I think after the 4.7.4 upgrade). I have/had 2 shares marked in
Dolpin Places I would just click on and they would open, I have/had a
printer on the server that I use.

Suddenly printer is not working, had to change from shared printer
smb://workgroup/server/sharename to smb://192.../sharename

smb browsing the same, only by using ip number can I access shares on
the servers.

Anyone else seeing this, time to file a bug report and back to 4.7.3??

kindly
Sinclair

Old 12-16-2011, 07:06 AM
Leslie Anne Chatterton

This sounds very similar to the problem I have from time to time using stock 11.10 Kubuntu. I have never gotten to the bottom of it, but find that connectivity can always be restored by shutting down and restarting the network. Winbindd never restarts automatically; it must be restarted manually from the command line as root.

Sent from my Motorola Xoom Android tablet